Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is it really too late to be a Kickstarter??

Is it really too late?  I'm crushed!! 
Please advise.

Thanks,
Jason/Mourninglight my

Comments

• yeah sorry, you missed out. But your not the only one.
  • Yepp. Sorry. (I was also too late). Sucks, but that's life... :) 
  • I also missed it, which was a total brain dead moment.

But hey, they have my $500 now so its all good.  
  • Jahlon said:
    I also missed it, which was a total brain dead moment.

But hey, they have my $500 now so its all good.  

That lifetime sub though.. :\ 
  • @Mourninglight  

As you can see above it has sadly passed. Though there is merit to looking into the various packages that they currently offer on the store if you are looking to try your hand at the game sooner than launch or if you like cosmetics.

Best of luck :)

• It is too late, the only alternative are the packages on sale now or maybe they will put something different on sale in the future :3
  • KS had the lifetime sub  option which i grabbed, really worth it 10 years down the line, sorry you missed it :(
  • I would not spend too much on current packs they are not very good (of course there is always subjectivity).  Nevertheless, the current packs just cannot compare to the KS packs by any stretch. Not only are the KS packs much better, they were sold for a very brief time period.  Kinda meh.

Funding period

May 1 2017 - Jun 2 2017 (31 days)

• I wonder if at some point pure beta access will be sold but without any cosmetics added to the pack, so it's more affordable, and allow people who don't want cosmetics but only to test the game to participate.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Yes, they were. To reward those that were lucky enough to be following the game at that time and were willing to drop their money on a project that was at the time a series of Unreal created trailers with no real game even created yet. If I had known that I would be able to KS this title all the way till release with no risk, then everyone would do so, and the game would never have gotten the extra content it needed. The KS was not to finance the game, the core funding was already in place. To make it all shiny they needed some extra scratch. We gave them a bunch. They are still offering access to test the game, even though they have more than enough people for testing. It ultimately comes down to what your motivations are. If you are buying something to play, you will be disappointed. If you are dropping money to support development to help something develop into something truly great to play, then you might not be. 

And it was two months not one. To appease a very vocal minority they ran the exact same packages for a full month after the KS ended called the Summer backing. Just under 20,000 backed the initial KS, just under 1500 the Summer. The backlash about them word smithing to make them possible still has people pissed off months later. Companies that break promises about limited time offers and "exclusive" have to deal with the pr backlash, no one wants another Star Citizen.
  • Why did they stop kickstarter so soon when still 2 years Togo think of all the people who don't know about AOC yet and maybe be willing to pay = more money 
  • @Sw684 The point behind the KS was not about the shinies. It was about adding money to cover stretch goals/content they wanted to add to the game but didn't have the funding for. The time limit allowed them to build hype and sell "exclusive" perks. Get it now or don't get it at all. If they had gone for an open-ended crowdfunding like Star Citizen or others where the money grabbing just never ends, many people, probably myself included, would either have held onto their money to minimize risk, or wouldn't have backed at all. As it was the KS hit all the stretch goals and set a new record for what it was. The games core (map, combat, and others) had already been budgeted for. While it may suck for those that come late to the party, there are other methods for them to support the development of the game. Those that are looking for your typical Steam Early Access buy and play some half-worked on shit are in for a surprise. Everything we have been told so far is that it will be back to "old school" development and testing. Quotes show Today as the date because when they were screenshotted and added to quotebin on the same day they occurred.