Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mini Pets Active Quantity

Mini pets. We all love them, and we all want them. Question is. Do you think you should be able to have just one out, or two....maybe 3??? What say you?

I prefer one at a time myself. It makes you have to pick your favorite mini pet to bring with you. 

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to have only one pet by my side. Otherwise my screen seems to be too crowded for me.
  • Options
    Less clutter
  • Options
  • Options

I'd prefer zero yeah, but since we will have them I'll just go with one.

Both to reduce clutter on screen, and to improve my FPS.
  • Options
    I vote to having one with me at a time. I'd like to own more than one to atleast keep at home.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    50x2....verrily Noah cometh over yonder hill.
    :smirk:
  • Options
    I say two  We all need a good friend  
  • Options
    1 and it needs to be as killable as any other vermin.
  • Options
    1, if it adds bonuses, helps loot gathering, or attacks it needs to be 'killable' with a decent length timer.

1, if it's just for fun/looks it shouldn't be 'killable.'
  • Options
    Fyziks said:
    1 and it needs to be as killable as any other vermin.
    Apologies all, I was failing to be funny.
  • Options
    In your humor I think you brought up a good point. For me, if the pet is a useful tool it should be something others can interact with. If it's just a tag-along I think it should be immune to damage.

I used quotes on killable, because it gives a spelling error. My goal was not to call you out. No apologies necessary. :wink:
  • Options
    One is enough imagine seeing numerous players with three each!!
    Mining a bitcoin would be more efficient!
  • Options
    Mozsta69 said:
    One is enough imagine seeing numerous players with three each!!
    Mining a bitcoin would be more efficient!
    In bdo i think you can have up to four pets out at once. They loot for you and you can turn other peoples pets off. But i have always hated having all the mini pets everywhere even if i did make other peoples pets invis. You can even make your own invis. And then theres just no point in having minipets if you cant see them.
  • Options
    I say 2 but only if you are a summoner 1 pet like cat or dog and the other pet for combat  
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Why is this not an option in the poll?

The only pets I want to see in game are those of summoners.

As long as they are only cosmetic, I'd like to see an option to turn them off.
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    Xombie said:
    Why is this not an option in the poll?

The only pets I want to see in game are those of summoners.

As long as they are only cosmetic, I'd like to see an option to turn them off.
    Because mini pets are confirmed and to see how many people would like to have out at one time. not if people want to have them out at all. I also didn't think to put in zero.
  • Options
    I have to have a dog with me pretty much all the time IRL, so any character I have will have to have a dog with them pretty much all the time. It's a boy/dog thing that goes way back to my childhood on a farm in the middle of nowhere midwest USA.

It's a necessity...
  • Options
    Who doesn't like having a cute kitty around :naughty:

• Options
    i would like 1 pet bc i want to look like an fighter or an Mage just Epic not like an moving petshop i mean imagine an really epic knite with a litle red Baby Dragon and a litle kitten a cute dog and some birds around his head... would you really take him srsly ?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    TBH if there is one thing I like more than a tamed pet its actually a wild beast that decides they like your company and choose to follow you around.
    No sure if they see you as companionship or lunch...but its nice to have some company out in the wilds now and then.

One of the things I liked about ESO was the foxes that had an uncanny habit of just seeing what I was upto. Normally walking side by side on many occasions.

In that context, ironically, the number of pets has no real meaning as you own nothing. They decide themselves if they like your company and they are persistent aspect of the game world.
  • Options
    In that case nature focused rangers might be able to achieve a larger animal falling than summoners.
  • Options
    Hopefully we can limit clutter.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    In that case nature focused rangers might be able to achieve a larger animal falling than summoners.
    Natural empathy rather than a skill.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I NEED A SNAKE THAT CAN STRANGLE/CRUSH MY OPPONENTS!!! :smiley:

But tbh I love snakes and have always wanted a snake mount as well. I think it would be awesome to surf a snake as it slithers along the ground.

EDIT: OR we could go the monster musume route and have a half-snake half-human as a partner :smiley:

• Options
    One pet is enough, no need to see a parade of small animals following every player.
  • Options
    just one pet, to avoid too many impact on the performance of the game.
    And honestly, you want to play everyone be an animal handler ?
    But if a summoner or a special class got several pet, I got no problem with that.