Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tavern games

Does anyone know what kind of tavern games we can expect? Like some simple gambling card games or dice games. I wouldn't mind sitting at work on a break and just playing some dice games on my phone in an attempt to earn some in game coin. Something like call odd or even before rolling or maybe having a 20 sided die and calling 5 numbers. 

Comments

• They hope for them to be varied and have depth to the system. There will be a sort of "mentor" system where if you own a copy of a game you will be able to teach or let others play it. Certain games came with the crowdfunding. Those that own copies will be able to sit at a table and initiate a game, those that don't have a copy will be able to join in and play. Game "sets" will be able to be looted and earned through quests and in-game achievements. And many other things planned. Realize it is a stretch goal, and like many other things will develop over the life of the game. The basic stuff we start with will not be what we have 2 years down the line after live launch.
  • oooh my favourite topic!!!

I want it all , gambling would be brilliant , I want the taverns to be abuzz with activity !!
  • Gambling in taverns is a must have to be honest, a drinking game would be cool if they could implement it somehow e.g. choosing a certain amount of drinks to have the highest quantity with lowest alcohol percentage.
  • Not sure how a drinking game would work but i wouldnt mind seeing my character get wasted. Maybe based on luck or something where a group of people start drinking and an audience bets on whod be the last one standing. 

• I see five finger filet being the perfect Tavern game. The players involved can bet and also the onlookers on who will lose the most digits.
  • Give us normal cards and an interface, and people can make, learn, and have near infinite games.
  • Are tavern games an actual thing they plan on doing? Because if so, I've been waiting for this for years. 

MMOs need more to do than crafting and killing monsters. I'd love some casual, immersive mini-games!
  • Are tavern games an actual thing they plan on doing? Because if so, I've been waiting for this for years. 

MMOs need more to do than crafting and killing monsters. I'd love some casual, immersive mini-games!
    I think its part of the kick starter stretch goals. It might not be part of the game at launch but its planned to have added at some point.
  • This game is quickly becoming everything I've ever wanted in an MMO.  
  • Let the betting begin!
  • magic of the gathering aoc style