Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Applying a Costume?

I know we have armor slots. Are we going to be able to apply cosmetics to only the selected slots or are we going  to have to wear the entire costume?
(Say if I only wanted to use the chest piece cosmetic from Costume A, then use pieces from B-E)

Comments

• Options
    They have stated that it is going to be a paperdoll system. Some costumes will apply an overall effect.(racials like the angelic/demonic) Others like dyeing armor and such will be individual slots. If I had to hazard an example I would say look at TESO for what you probably will end up close to.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I really hope its like Guild Wars 2 system when it comes down to cosmetics. Guild Wars 2 has the ability to transmute your armor (Applying a skin) to every individual piece of gear except trinkets (Jewelry). In addition to full costume slot which you can hide. Gw2's system is similar to Black Deserts except costumes have no stats in GW2 unlike BDO... Hopefully, Ashes of Creation will adopt something similar. According to @UnknownSystemError it will be a paperdoll system so I'm not worried. <3

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    They have stated that it is going to be a paperdoll system. Some costumes will apply an overall effect.(racials like the angelic/demonic) Others like dyeing armor and such will be individual slots. If I had to hazard an example I would say look at TESO for what you probably will end up close to.

What we have = a skin you can put on, on the skin you can put cosmetics armor, + you can dye your cosmetic armor and skins.