Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bard a Hybrid Class

Hi,

Will it be possible that AoC has Hybrid classes without a second class needed?  And if so, will the Bard fit the role as a hybrid class (jack-of-all-trades master of none)?  With the class system Bard looks like it is on the caster side of the spectrum.  So perhaps it will be support/caster-ish type class and you will need your second class to try and make into hybrid.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Options
    I believe they said that the Summoner will be more of the jack-of-all-trades class. I think Bard will probably be more of a support.
  • Options
    Well enchanter is catching my eye as the class I want to try the most.
  • Options
    From other games, Enchanters have been heavy cc mages, So I believe you could be correct on being a caster. Bards will enhance party members and probably have good cc while doing moderate dmg. Zastro is right they have stated that Summoner has been said to be a "jack of all Trades" So I would imagine Bards will fall farther on the support side of things.
  • Options
    I was an enchanter in EQ I and loved it.  I was a controller in CoH and loved it.  I like support classes, cc classes, and hybrid classes.  Especially when they all three mix together on one class.
  • Options
    I also come from Eq, I remember Illusionists and coercers and the dmg and control they can inflict I hope that is sort of the playstyle they have in mind. It would be really cool to see that type of gameplay again. 
  • Options
    I believe the bard will be one of the most "slept on" and under used classes come launch. It will be quite the asset and support role for both PvE and PvP, making or breaking combat situations. The deciding factor, if you will.

• Options
    I think what will help push me towards bard is if they can wear light armour and use swords and possibly also bows along with their music.  But I can also mix fighter instead of summoner if they cannot.  But I really hope Bards can use them on their own.
  • Options
    No armor/weapon lock for gender/race/class!
  • Options
    The only way I imagine a bard is either using music to control enemies or buffing allies.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    No armor/weapon lock for gender/race/class!
    Oh!  So any class can use any weapon and armor?  That’s awesome.  I’ll probably go bard than unless summoner is just too cool.