Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

toggle system for other people cosmetics

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    I feel like a huge point of cosmetics is being able to show them off. If there is a button that removes players' ability to express themselves through cosmetics then it starts to defeat the purpose.
  • Options
    Will there be any cosmetics that can be obtained with in-game currency alone?
  • Options
    I don't see how cosmetics can give an unfair advantage to players who choose not to use cosmetics.
  • Options
    This is a rather bad idea since a lot of people like to show off their cosmetics, it's highly unlikely for something like this to be implemented.
    Nothing prevents the people who purchased those cosmetics from seeing them.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dygz said:
    I don't see how cosmetics can give an unfair advantage to players who choose not to use cosmetics.
    Yo use a racial skin that obfuscates your race. Now targetted situational skill that target race cant be used.
    Yo use a general skin that obfuscates your class. Now targetted situational skill that target class cant be used.
  • Options
    This is a rather bad idea since a lot of people like to show off their cosmetics, it's highly unlikely for something like this to be implemented.
    Nothing prevents the people who purchased those cosmetics from seeing them.
    I just said that they like to show off, in other words show it to other people.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    It hides your real armor, race, and possibly weapon. What looks like a person wearing a wedding dress and carrying a bouquet of flowers may very well may be decked out head-to-toe in top tier plate and packing an epic halberd.

It's not a huge advantage but it's an advantage over someone who doesn't have a costume to hide their true kit.

I would like to option to see things un-skinned. I don't want to take away from the enjoyment of people that like to show off their costumes but I'd prefer to just see things as they really are.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Yo use a racial skin that obfuscates your race. Now targetted situational skill that target race cant be used.
    Yo use a general skin that obfuscates your class. Now targetted situational skill that target class cant be used.
    Cosmetics don't affect abilities, so that targeted situational skills that target race should still target the actual race and ignore the cosmetics.
    Same thing for class.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dygz said:
    It hides your real armor, race, and possibly weapon. What looks like a person wearing a wedding dress and carrying a bouquet of flowers may very well may be decked out head-to-toe in top tier plate and packing an epic halberd.
    That's right.
    Anyone who wants to obfuscate their armor by wearing a cosmetic do so.
    There is no unfair advantage. If their is any advantage, it's a fair advantage.
    If a player chooses not to obfuscate their own armor with cosmetics - that is their own choice.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    That's right.
    Anyone who wants to obfuscate their armor by wearing a cosmetic do so.
    There is no unfair advantage. If their is any advantage, it's a fair advantage.
    If a player chooses not to obfuscate their own armor with cosmetics - that is their own choice.
    My original point was that, if cosmetics can only be obtained through the cash shop, and they give a slight advantage by offering the element of surprise, then it's getting close to being P2W.

If costumes can be bought using in-game currency (gold or whatever) than it's not an issue.
  • Options
    Cosmetics are not only attained via the cash shop.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Dygz said:
    Cosmetics don't affect abilities, so that targeted situational skills that target race should still target the actual race and ignore the cosmetics.
    Same thing for class.
    And how would you deploy said situational skills, without knowing what you was deploying against ?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    People will want their cosmetics to be visible to everyone else. :mrgreen:
    So the only option to find out what someone is wearing, is to use... the ashes of creation armoury where we can inspect players stats/gear (if this ever becomes a thing)  :D   ... well we shall see what the community wants. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I think of cosmetics hiding your armor is just like any other puzzle in the game that you have to figure out.  Think of it as being smart in the game and how you can overcome a problem.
  • Options
    And how would you deploy said situational skills, without knowing what you was deploying against ?
    By paying attention to your opponents' telegraph animations and the abilities they use.
    Same as when I dance Salsa, I can feel whether my partner is primarily trained in Salsa, Swing, Ballroom or Ballet or untrained in just a few seconds.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a filter. My desire to allow people to be artistic is trumped by my desire to not see people dressed like clowns while riding a bike that has pizza wheels. But I think it will have to be global though. Having it programmed so you can cherry pick sounds like a programming/system resource nightmare.
  • Options
    I sort of feel like they should just pick an aesthetic, and stick with it. I hope that aesthetic doesn't include 14' swords and pole dancer armors.
  • Options
    Eukatae said:
    I sort of feel like they should just pick an aesthetic, and stick with it. I hope that aesthetic doesn't include 14' swords and pole dancer armors.
    *Ahem... i believe that pole dancing armors due a good job at showing a womans assets.. *cough*.. i mean personality. Nothing wrong with them.

*Starts whistling with hands in pockets and slowly walks away*
  • Options
    I want all the whiners to be forced into seeing my stufferton mount! Muahahahaha :trollface: