Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What race will you be and why?

Comments

• Options
    Orc because nobody wants to play them it seems. 
  • Options
    Depends if there's much of an impact with race vs stats/perks for skills.. If not, then I'll just choose whatever I think I can make look the coolest.
  • Options
    I'm gonna be making an elf. Why? Because magic. And magic is badas s. Elves are generally considered to be the race of magic, I don't need more reasons than that. That said, it's not like I don't have more reasons. I am also a big fan of fantasy books in general and a bookworm to such level that it's actually scary, saying that I've raided the fantasy section of the local library would not be an exaggeration.
  • Options
    No doubt elves are the master race but i like being human in real life and in game. The only thing elves are needed for is pretty architecture and weaponry, and pretty ladies
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Most likely orc or an elf or Tulnar. But this race would be cool. Image result for korg thor ragnarok
  • Options
    Not that it matters much but the day the game comes out in throwing myself of a cliff and playing undead ^^
  • Options
    Fiastos said:
    Most likely orc or an elf or Tulnar. But this race would be cool. Image result for korg thor ragnarok
    " eh man, we're starting a revolution. wanna come?"
  • Options
    Elf for purely aesthetic reasons. I have never liked short/stocky builds so dwarfs are out. Orcs are not attractive and I'm human so I was a bit more fantasy in there personally. Tulnar i would consider depending on how they turn out but my go to is always elves followed by super cute races. 
  • Options
    Racials will be a very important factor but I feel humans will always be superior and the majority. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Depends almost entirely on aesthetics for me, I will get to character creation, and play around for an hour or two and decide then =)
  • Options
    @Kebitz I'm the same way. Launch comes around and while everyone is off exploring, I'm still in the character creation screen making sure my cheekbones and jawline are aesthetically pleasing.
  • Options
    I voted Elf, because that's what I always roll, but I really want to see the Tulnar options.  I have plans for a py'rai cleric/summoner for my main social play.  Then depending on the mechanics a Tulnar Beastmaster or Falconer for my tamer/breeder.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Tulnar! Lizards are love, lizards are life!
    nagash said:
    Not that it matters much but the day the game comes out in throwing myself of a cliff and playing undead ^^
    Not sure if this meets your desires aesthetically but have you ever thought about using the ice elemental race skin to get the whole cold corpse/white walker look? It will be hard to tell if it will look good until we get the model but the concepts make me think it's a possibility. 
  • Options
    The thing about racial skins is that they will allow us to look like a completly different race to a certain extent. Still elves are the best... ;)
  • Options
    Tulnar! Lizards are love, lizards are life!
    nagash said:
    Not sure if this meets your desires aesthetically but have you ever thought about using the ice elemental race skin to get the whole cold corpse/white walker look? It will be hard to tell if it will look good until we get the model but the concepts make me think it's a possibility. 
    I have the Necromonic Costume so I'm fine ^^
  • Options
    Purple Vek Master Race, everyone knows this! Come on guys!

• Options
    Xombie said:
    Purple Vek Master Race, everyone knows this! Come on guys!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    nagash said:

I call your chariots and raise you a saurus scar vet with great-weapon and cloak of the jaguar.

**It's been a while and not sure if this reference still stands
  • Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • Options
    Elf, cause there's no more of an affront to nature than a guardian of nature raising the dead...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Elf, cause there's no more of an affront to nature than a guardian of nature raising the dead...
    Ah I see you are also a follower of myself welcome to the cult ^^
  • Options
    I answered elf few days a go, but when i thought this a little bit more, i could play several options and i also will with my ALTs. It is not actually so straight forward to choose only one main race. Because i would play Empyrean, but not Py'rai elf. I would play Vek, but not Ren'kai. Both humans are okay i guess. I can easily play as Dunir, but jungle dwarf would be hell NO! 
  • Options
    deff not an elf, they think they are sooooo special.......either human or orc most likely ill main both of those at the same time, Human mage and Orc tank.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I need to review all the racial specs first (haven't looked/found them yet). Likely an elf... because I'm special.  :) 
  • Options
    It depends on the class I end up playing. I have already paired what races I will make each class, so once I get to test them I will decide :)
  • Options
    I want to see and read back story on each race but my casters will be elf and most likely female ...even though im a dude irl...
    My ranger will be either elf or human ...male.

I've always had gender roles in mind for classes ...played my characters this way since my d & d days,in the late 80s early 90s.

• Options
    @Nagash yay a cult! Hmmm, now if they just let us allow variants in summons of the necromantic variety... I want a giant were-rat behemoth...
  • Options
    @Nagash yay a cult! Hmmm, now if they just let us allow variants in summons of the necromantic variety... I want a giant were-rat behemoth...
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    It depends on the class I end up playing. I have already paired what races I will make each class, so once I get to test them I will decide :)
    Same here. It depends the class and which race will be good pair with that. It is how you imagine it in your head. However it can be more efficient to choose race which supports your class or playstyle and not just which makes most sense.  
  • Options
    This or human. But if we ever get halflings or something like that I'll love it too!