Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Questions about the game... maybe someone knows the answers

Hi there i'm looking forward to this game like everyone else, at the moment I have a very busy schedule..  :(  so maybe someone out-there could answer my questions. Thank you in advance!

Question 1. Will the game have a monthly subscription if so how much are they asking?

Question 2. This question is towards the cash shop, the items that you will be able to purchase are they account bound or player bound, can you gift or trade them to other players e.i " Like Guild Wars 2 cash shop" does anyone know if you can trade in game gold for cash shop currency or vice versa. ( reason I ask is for me it was easy to make gold so I would sometimes turn my gold into cash shop money or turn the cash shop money back into my gold again.)

Question 3. Will any cash shop items give the player a buff, like a costume that gives you lets say increase exp towards levels or crafting levels i'm sure someone know's what I mean with this, because is turn off for me...( Not that I could care less if you can buy it, I wont do it for myself) I just don't like this model...

Question 4. Does the game will have or offer open pvp places.. I know some people don't but I like my blood racing so I welcome any pvp even if I get my ass kick.. xD

Question 5. Would you be able to acquired gear from doing PVP like arena/battle grounds or is it going to be you can only acquired gear from crafting or dungeon's/raids.

Well that is all the questions I can think of right now.. If anyone might know the answers to any of these I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks again,

Fear not the Hunt, and let the feast begin!

Comments

• 1. Yes. $15 a month. You can lower this amount through a referral system. Which btw is not a pyramid scheme but rather a reverse sort of pyramid scheme. Don't worry about that part there's been enough discussion on it

2. Not sure about the player bound or account bound thing. Im fairly certain that gifting and trading are non-existent. You cannot use real money to buy in game currency because this game does not support pay2win at all. I doubt that you can use in game gold for cash shop purchase as that defeats the purpose of a cash shop though i don't have 100% knowledge of that.

3.No. As mentioned no pay2win aspects.

4. The entire world is open pvp. There is a corruption mechanic to deter out right murder but the point of pvp is for contesting different resources and stuff. Corruption will take too long to explain so I'd recommend you search that yourself or ask for someone to post a link because i don't know where to find it. There will be castle and node sieges where corruption does not apply. There are also caravans that are important for trading between nodes for node development and these caravans can be raided and looted from. Corruption also doesnt apply when participating in a caravan raid. 

5. Not quite sure. A player may drop resources upon being killed but won't drop gear i believe. As for arenas and such i'm don't think you can obtain gear from them but im not 100% sure. The main way of obtaining gear will be through crafting and raiding i believe. Hopefully someone else can answer this question better.
  • Fhuka said:
    Hi there i'm looking forward to this game like everyone else, at the moment I have a very busy schedule..  :(  so maybe someone out-there could answer my questions. Thank you in advance!

Question 1. Will the game have a monthly subscription if so how much are they asking?

Question 2. This question is towards the cash shop, the items that you will be able to purchase are they account bound or player bound, can you gift or trade them to other players e.i " Like Guild Wars 2 cash shop" does anyone know if you can trade in game gold for cash shop currency or vice versa. ( reason I ask is for me it was easy to make gold so I would sometimes turn my gold into cash shop money or turn the cash shop money back into my gold again.)

Question 3. Will any cash shop items give the player a buff, like a costume that gives you lets say increase exp towards levels or crafting levels i'm sure someone know's what I mean with this, because is turn off for me...( Not that I could care less if you can buy it, I wont do it for myself) I just don't like this model...

Question 4. Does the game will have or offer open pvp places.. I know some people don't but I like my blood racing so I welcome any pvp even if I get my ass kick.. xD

Question 5. Would you be able to acquired gear from doing PVP like arena/battle grounds or is it going to be you can only acquired gear from crafting or dungeon's/raids.

Well that is all the questions I can think of right now.. If anyone might know the answers to any of these I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks again,

Fear not the Hunt, and let the feast begin!

1) depends on what package you go for the  so th example being every month you will pay 15 dollars
    however if you go for the option to pay every 3 months it would be something like 12 dollars so it varies on the package.

2) all account bound you can't trade or sell them ingame this is to avoid gold inflation etc as well as to keep premium cosmetics premium 

3) no buff no to p2w all cosmetic and all  lore friendly 

4) everywhere is open world except you're free hold or house and nodes will be open to pvp to take place if you are under siege. so pretty much everywhere

5) not from pvp events gear can only be gotten from drops via world bosses or mobs from raids bosses and you need crafting to make the better version from what we been told. could change in the future but go under this mindset for now 

• Too Long, Didn't Read.
  • @Malgus
    Re:Q1 Ok gotcha, so it is a sub feed but you get a discount the more months you buy in a bundle from what I understand. Re:Q2 I like that they are account bound and not 1 player bound maybe they will let me gift to friends. Re:Q3  Good to hear I hope they keep it that way. Re:Q4 so I take it's going to be like a Node/War system like Black Desert? Re:Q5 Ok thats pretty decent Idea for gear. 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    @Fhuka Need to clear some things up before you end up with some partially wrong information.
    #1. $15 a month. They have never stated that you will get a discount for multiple month purchases. This is just a common practice among other sub mmos, and has NOT been confirmed for this one. If you look at the packages available on the store, there is NO discount for multiple months and that is the only place where the $15 amount per month has been confirmed.
    • 2 months of game time ($30 Value)
    • 4 months of game time ($60 Value)
    • 6 months of game time ($90 Value)
    • 12 months of game time ($180 value)

#2. Cosmetics are account bound, and you will NOT be gifting to friends. What account bound means is that if you own an Assassins Dress on your account, you will be able to apply it to one character on your account at a time. They have been clear about this. Want to put it on a different character? Pull it off the first character, and put it on the second. Skins will have single use at a time functionality.

#3. No P2W ever. It has been beat in as mantra from the beginning.

#4. The node siege and castle siege mechanics are quite complex and in depth. Use the wikis to read up on them, but with very few exceptions the world is OWPVP with a system in place to deter ganking of people. http://www.aocwiki.net/PvP

#5. There is no separate pvp and pve gear. All gear is the same for either function. Will there be some meta that certain stat stackers will try to go with? Sure, but that is every game and they plan to make the impact of people who try to stack insignificant. There is no full loot pvp of items except in the possible case of dying while at high levels of corruption (rare enough that you will most likely never see it). As others said before, % of gathered goods is what you will be able to loot depending on that persons flagging status when defeated.

• Since most people already anwsered I can only link the wiki page for you to check out anything you are not sure of so hopefully this clears everything up :3
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Main_Page
  • @UnknownSystemError
    ..has given you the most accurate version of what we know so far.
  • @UnknownSystemError
    ..has given you the most accurate version of what we know so far.
    As usual. The man is a legend.