Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corrupted races.

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited March 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
Well we already know we left Verra becasue of cataclism, This cataclism is take control of lands, nature, and monsters.  That cataclism was corruption. Gods saved us by opening gates. 
And we now the races who didn't pass the gate become Tul'nar. 
Tul'nar are  races who mutated with animals ( let's not talk about copulation process). They have 0 in common with corruption. 
So how about Corrupted races. They who didn't become Tul'nar and didn't pass the gate, was take over by corruption. Mutated, and finally free themself from this curse. And join to returned races, fight and expand this lands, and rule them again. Of course in first or second expansion  :p 

I think more about Dark elfs, Black Dwarves. Green orcs. Something like it. Do you guys want it ?

Comments

• Options
    I think this would be cool, but only as an expansion like you said. There could be lore for them in the base game (there should be for every creature we come across) and then during some expansion they could add them in.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I don't like to see them when game start because we come here. To our old home, we don't know how much it changed. But discover corrupted race at start will be boring and bring more work for dev. Unti start they can focus on basic work. And eventually add new races in one of  future expansion. 
  • Options
    I dont think it would add anything to the game from start, so I dont really care about those race. May be ask the same question in 2-3 years.. :-)
  • Options
    I am personally not of the impression that it would fit into ashes. You could make races that are "corrupted" so to speak, but I don't think we should use that name or apply it to the main race roster. The PvP system revolves around the games corruption system, and how would a character become corrupted if he or she goes around killing innocents, if they are already corrupted? You could make "broken" versions of races, but I would rather have diversity in terms of races, rather than a copy paste version of one with a few differences in looks and stats. Having 2 versions of each race is enough imo.
  • Options
    Right now we don't even know what caused the cataclysm that the other races had to leave Verra and the Tulnar had to go underground to survive, so either these corrupted will be enemies in the game or it was nigh impossible to survive on the surface :3

Also I'm pretty sure the Tulnar are a mix of different races not animals who over the years had their features mixed so it's possible that dark elves and such would belong to the Tulnar race :p
  • Options
    It really just depends on the story choices of Intrepid. If it makes sense, sure. If it doesn't, then they shouldn't.

I could see a good story either way. So I'm indifferent.
  • Options

Intrepid has already shown concept art for a corrupted birdlike race that lives in the mountainous regions during the 2017-06-16 livestream.

http://www.aocwiki.net/Ashes_of_Creation_Livestream_2017-06-16

• Options
    @BraneGames. Well I just sugested I like to see and play as corrupted race. I don't care what they will called, dark elf, black human. What they look like, I just in hope they will add another version of each race. And basically we have 4 races, and 2 variants. Becasue elf is just elf. Look like elf, (don't know if they have same stats and bonuses). and things what are change is just philosophy. Py'rai architecture and philosophy are more like typical elves. But empyrean are more like humans than elves.

When they will add another race in game, I like to see corrupted version of each races. Why ? Because I think it will be interesting and fun.

And you know I didn't mean corruption like are in pvp.
  • Options
    @SaINts_Shinobi
    Well that races look interesting, but I see them more in role NPC than Playable races. 
  • Options
    you know my point on dark elves XD
  • Options
    Corruption is acquired for players via PvP combat. So if you wish to play a Corrupted Elf, simply accrue Corruption.
    Corruption has nothing to do with race or species or skin color.
    Players can acquire Corruption whenever they wish.
  • Options
    I'd like to see more unique races that are exclusive to Verra.
  • Options
    I think I would be more interested in the introduction of new races, as Xombie said. It would be interesting if an expansion was based around a new portal opening and a new exiled race emerging - perhaps one not seen in other fantasy games. It would be excellent to see a new concept emerge.
  • Options
    It's a interesting idea for the future, I'm more of a person that focuses on the now. So depending on how the lore of the game plays out, this could be a possibility. 
  • Options
    I like the idea of descendants of races that had been corrupted being around. However I would prefer them being an enemy, or questline. Not as a playable character anywhere in the immediate future.
  • Options
    I'd also like to see corrupted variations of all the playable races, to see the duality of the untainted and completely corrupted.
  • Options
    I would however like it if each race changed when gaining corruption. If you've got hella bad corruption your character would appear cracked up and with bright read material coming out of you, making you weaker 
  • Options
    You have corruption with ganking, so in a sense you have corruption affecting the races of Verra.
  • Options
    Cool concept
  • Options
    I like the idea but in my experience people generally play corrupted races to have an RP reason to be a dickhead. . . as long as that was prevented i'd be ok with it but so far that just seems like a tactic that attracts those kinds of people.  
  • Options
    If it's in it's in, if not no worries