Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Purchasable Skins-What You Want Most

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited April 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
What type of skins do you prefer to see or would you like to see more of be sold by @IntrepidStudios

Comments

• Options
    I don't want my characters to look like beggers... :3
  • Options
    I was thinking about the skins concept last night. The more I think about it, the more nonsensical it appears to me from a business sense. Why pay someone 1000s of hours of wages to create styles that you will then pay someone else 1000 of hours of wages to create alternate styles that make the original work obsolete and redundant.

Strikes me as being rather inefficient :tongue:
  • Options
    It is the driving force behind F2P. No, not free-to-play, but fashion to play. The actual armor "skins" that someone will find in game or craft are getting as much detail and attention as what we have seen so far out of the cosmetics. As long as they stick with that as a guiding principle then they should be fine. It is when they start to make in game assets looks shitty on purpose so that people feel they need skins from the cosmetic shop to make the game look good is when they will fail. Or take the road so often travelled by eastern mmos and break their genre and general sense of wonder cap. As soon as we have bikinis and AK's available in the cosmetic store, people will leave in droves, no matter the gameplay. Thankfully we have seen no such indication from them so far, no matter how many people lose their shit over the bear.
  • Options
    stuffitin is good for tinder.
    ;)
  • Options
    I like earning my gear through hard work so i can actually appreciate my looks more. That being said if i see something in the shop that i really like and have the means to purchase it i probably will. But again i have to really like it more than whats offered in game.
  • Options
    Where is the "none of the above" option?
  • Options
    I want an epic boat skin. You know so when people see me rolling through the port they are look at that hunk of sailing hotness. Or something like that.
  • Options
    Really hoping for a wide variety of armour skins in different styles. Personally I'm looking forward to the beautiful, dress-like skins.

However, as was mentioned above, I do hope that IS sticks to their promise and pay as much attention to in-game skins as the ones you can purchace for real money. No disgusting repeat of Black Desert Online, please :)
  • Options
    Nelirya said:
    Really hoping for a wide variety of armour skins in different styles. Personally I'm looking forward to the beautiful, dress-like skins.

However, as was mentioned above, I do hope that IS sticks to their promise and pay as much attention to in-game skins as the ones you can purchace for real money. No disgusting repeat of Black Desert Online, please :)
    the potato sacks
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Nelirya said:

the potato sacks

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Zastro said:
    Where is the "none of the above" option?
    ...ahem.....

• Options
    I am very much fashion over function.
    Hoping that we soon start to see some non-European cosmetics in the monthly store:
    Asian, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, African, Native American, Inuit...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Warkov The question was "what you want most". I did not see anything on there that I want most.
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    @Warkov The question was "what you want most". I did not see anything on there that I want most.
    @Zastro my bad.  
  • Options
    Still waiting for a Stufferton armor set.

• Options
    Regardless, armor needs to look like armor, weapons like weapons, etc....keep the butler, santa, easter bunny, french maid, spiderman and lone ranger costumes out of the game. Please.
  • Options
    I've got some bad memories about amor (looked like a tin can). I do thing that IS is able to design some good looking armor- but just in case you don't hit my taste: take my money!
  • Options
    Bikinis haHAA
  • Options
    Undead racial skin.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Undead racial skin.
    yes and more yes
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Xombie said:
    Undead racial skin.
    yes and more yes
    Petition time?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I'd pay $5 more sub fee if all of the above were used in game as quest chain rewards, exploration easter eggs and story lore enhancement.