Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should (AOC CASHSHOP) Cosmetic armor sets be able to be equipped to any piece of gear

I say yes because you will be spending money to have it on you're main class etc and some people purchase the cosmetics because they want to wear them on their main. My point is if you are going to be spending money on armor cosmetics then they should be able to be worn on any armor unless they are gender locked like wedding dresses etc.

But what are other people thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    A question about cosmetics was asked in the February 9th stream:

Will cosmetics be separate costumes to armour or skinned onto the armour.

https://youtu.be/w8eehrdIIXI?t=50m29s

Cosmetics will have separate slots so you wont be applying the cosmetic directly onto the gear. This means your gear type shouldn't matter and the cosmetic can be reused.

It was also mentioned in this stream on November 17th https://youtu.be/EAG9mS0U4NQ?t=22m33s that some armour cosmetics can be copied and reapplied to other pieces of gear~
  • Options
    Diura said:
    A question about cosmetics was asked in the February 9th stream:

Will cosmetics be separate costumes to armour or skinned onto the armour.

https://youtu.be/w8eehrdIIXI?t=50m29s

Cosmetics will have separate slots so you wont be applying the cosmetic directly onto the gear. This means your gear type shouldn't matter and the cosmetic can be reused.

It was also mentioned in this stream on November 17th https://youtu.be/EAG9mS0U4NQ?t=22m33s that some armour cosmetics can be copied and reapplied to other pieces of gear~
    oh okay thanks you are a real star dirua :)
  • Options
    Also, with the stance on same-sex marriage that the game has taken and gender locking of classes it would be surprising if they gender lock costumes. Still unconfirmed, but I can't wait for my big, buff male orc to pvp in a wedding dress shattering all your stereotypes in blood.
  • Options
    Also, with the stance on same-sex marriage that the game has taken and gender locking of classes it would be surprising if they gender lock costumes. Still unconfirmed, but I can't wait for my big, buff male orc to pvp in a wedding dress shattering all your stereotypes in blood.
    I second this. I wouldn't gender lock anything. Nor would I limit what costumes and cosmetics can be applied to, the more freedom the item has, the more sales it will garner.
  • Options
    If they have role specific versions of gear I dont mind.
    If they obfuscate gear I do.....as it destroys any feedback system.
    eg. Why have gear that visually changes with level ? Pointless.
  • Options
    Wut?
  • Options
    Think it is a complaint about costumes not showing what gear is actually being worn. The pvp brahs are up in arms because their "look for and target the healer with the glowing staff" metas are being fucked with. "Ruinz mah merssion, if I can't automatically look at someone and decide they are powerless enough against me to gank!" is another common refrain.
  • Options
    These are in the end cosmetics and not skins tailored for specific classes it would hurt IS if they attempted to limit the cosmetics to certain classes/items
  • Options
    I voted No, but I think for the same reasoning as AutumnLeaf.
    The cosmetics aren't really equipped to gear.
    Rather, they are a slot overlaid on top of the armor slots.

Some people will be wearing the Elemental skins, etc.
    So we won't always be able to see what armor people are wearing simply via sight.
    We should be able to recognize that, say, the Protector's Armor is just a cosmetic rather than armor.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Think it is a complaint about costumes not showing what gear is actually being worn. The pvp brahs are up in arms because their "look for and target the healer with the glowing staff" metas are being fucked with. "Ruinz mah merssion, if I can't automatically look at someone and decide they are powerless enough against me to gank!" is another common refrain.
    In a balanced game....why would it matter what class you were ?
    And taking out low level players will probs land you with rightfully lots of corruption.

• Options
    I just want to have the ability to customize my appearance as much as possible inside the game after the creation of my character. and the compartmentalization of cosmetics will allow me to apply for example fire gloves with icy boots and a ragged cloak. Love the idea of being able to apply different cosmetics at a time, each to a different slot.

• Options
    I am PvP through and through, on the casuals complain about such peasantry. I'm about to take my belt off and lay down the law.
  • Options
    That was my exact set up for PVP in ESO. A big, buff, Male Orc, beating down people in PVP wearing a nice, white wedding dress! It was great for some laughs.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'd vote on only being able to apply "leather cosmetics" on leather armor, "plate cosmetics" on plate armor, "sword skins" on actual swords, etc.

So you can still see what type of armor the player is wearing (cloth / armor / plate) and what weapon type, regardless of skin modification.

Same goes for only being able to apply "horse skins" on an actual horse mount, and "dragon skins" on an actual dragon mount.
  • Options
    It's not going to be horse skins on horse mounts.
    It's going to be basic mount skins on basic mounts and epic mount skins on epic mounts.

Some people will be wearing their Royal and Majesty costumes over plate armor, I'm quite sure. Same with Elemental skins.
  • Options
    People want to try to have a unique look, and I think it's terrific to be able to do this with cosmetics.
  • Options
    Certain types of gear, maybe. Just like the mounts. I think there should be exceptions, for example when it comes to legendary armor. I've always liked it when there was indicators that a person is strong, and with legendaries being rare in ashes, you would want to identify if a person has such a powerful weapon/item.
  • Options
    yes bc you pay Money ?? XD 
    in other games they Show a Dress on the Icon but if you wear it as a man youll get a suit the only Thing i can understand is when you got different types of Amour for different classes then i think its right to say "no you cant wear this"
  • Options
    definitely not... Using an excuse that because you paid money is not valid on this point. 

If you buy leather armor cosmetics it should apply to leather armor, if you bought a flame cosmetic item it should not be working for every armor class that suddenly is on fire, you should have to pick.

I think its a lot better from the variety aspect as well, seeing a lot of different cosmetic looks vs the same on all armors, i think this would help immersion and role play, not just slap something across everything.
  • Options
    Yeah, where is the "immersion" that people keep throwing as argument in every other topic in the past?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    MADE said:
    Yeah, where is the "immersion" that people keep throwing as argument in every other topic in the past?
    I don't know. When I throw on a wedding dress, then bend someone over the back of the couch, they get pretty "immersed" in the play. And the number of times I have heard "OMG, you just re-arranged all my internal stuffing, I shall call you Lord Stuffington the Third from now on!" only cements my support for the bear in all of us.
  • Options
    No, Should be to similar type of armor.

So if you are actually wearing heavy armor you should only be able to put heavy armor skins on. It's a PVP heavy game there should be  some semblance of representation of what class of armor someone is wearing.

Not quite but it would almost be like putting a bow skin on a wand. I know this a bit more of a drastic difference but at the same time not really.

If it was a PVE game wouldn't really care, for a PVP heavy game a skin should at least represent a similar class of armor or weapon the person is actually using.