Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is there going to be a Mac version?

Hi,

I am interested in the concept but looking over your FAQ and doing a Forum search I don't have a definitive answer, I understand that the engine has Mac support but I do not see stated the game will actually support MacOS,

Would you be so king to clarify this?

TIA
Cheers

Comments

• Options
     Q: What platforms / OS will Ashes of Creation be launched on? Will additional platforms / OS be added in the future?
    • A: At launch, AoC will be available on Windows. Intrepid is open to the idea in the future for expansion of scope. That said, they are specifically writing code to be cross-platform capable, with Windows specific functionality being modularly loaded at compile time. That way if they do decide to build of other OS / Platforms that UE4 supports, they will have significantly less code that needs to be refactored to support building for the new target OS / platform.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Development has been stated to concentrate on Windows at this time. There have been many requests from other OS people and they have not ruled out supporting them (Mac, Linux, possible console release) further down the line.
  • Options
    i rely on mac as one of the younger players that has a hand-me-down pc and i would love a mac version.