Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Arena/Coloseum

Hello!!! And thank you for visiting my post!!!!

This idea is for a Militaristic node, as it was explain in the video series Ashes of Creation Node part 2 a nodes leader can choose to funnel taxes into useful buildings or other things in the node. My idea is for an Arena at the town level of a node, only being available in a militaristic node the arena is a warriors dream offering awesome pvp content in the form of pickup matches which can be viewed by spectators and even bet on at the arenas menu. It will also provide a pve experience with the ability to face dangerous and unique monsters from around the node in a 1vmonster battle to the death.  Once the node reaches Metropolis level the option for making a Coloseum appears, this unlocks group pvp battles group pvm battles and serves as not only entertainment but also a great way to make money, in this shady business who knows what could happen or who the favored gladiators could face!! One thing we do know, this give weaponsmiths and armorsmiths plenty of chances to make money and experience by repairing these brave warriors gear.

Thank you for reading,

Aspiring Chef Despaireaux

Comments

• Arenas will already be a mechanic. The betting part for anything less than token amounts has been ruled out as that can be used to launder gold for gold sellers. Also matches can be thrown. Having the town pay the prizes is a similar way of people to try and extract personal gold from tax revenue. So while you will see arenas and arena combat, most likely no prizes beyond cosmetic rewards and ladder rankings.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Well isnt the concept still the same? I am just suggesting a unique way of introducing it and then building upon that platform to go further. Wagering on the battles can easiky be limited to a certain amount per match or per day. Which will nearly eliminate gold sellers using it. As well as introducing a randomized match making system. So you cant guarentee a win. You still can give cosmetic prizes and rewards to the participants as well as give people a reason to watch all while giving flavor to the military or battle minded militaristic nodes.

Perhaps even add a portion of the overall money wagered taken as a "house cut" Feeding even more money over time back into the Metropolis' treasury.
  • Good idea but since arenas are already supposed to be in game then if they were limited to the militaristic node development then there is chance they would never appear on the server :3
  • Good idea but since arenas are already supposed to be in game then if they were limited to the militaristic node development then there is chance they would never appear on the server :3
    But isnt that a super neat concept? Being a world shaped by the players it gives those that love pvp more reason to develop those militaristic nodes. Afterall it doesn't make much sense for a scientific or religious node to have such a thing. Economic somewhat due to the suggesting wagering factor.
  • I really like the idea of it being tied to a militaristic node. As has been said, the worlds should be shaped by the players that populate them, and this is just one of those ways we could shape our world. I also like the idea of wagering; I acknowledge the concerns around bots/gold farming services, and am sure limits can be put in place, but the idea of spectating and enjoying other people battling sounds fantastic and perfectly fits a militaristic node.
  • I love arena's for honing my skills so I also hope they are not limited to only militaristic nodes. 
  • zazukeys said:
    I love arena's for honing my skills so I also hope they are not limited to only militaristic nodes. 
       As do many players, but it would give reason foy you to travel to different nodes. Making it a more immersive experience. Afterall, same will be said about the different utilities of the scientific or economic nodes.
    edited April 2018
    I would expect player-built arenas to first become an option at the City stage rather than the Town stage.
    If it's only an option for Military nodes and enough people want an arena on the server - that becomes an incentive to siege the existing Cities and make sure there are some Military nodes that reach the City level.

Every sever will have several Military nodes that reach the Town stage.
    Most likely every server will have several Military nodes that reach the City stage.
    There may be some servers with no Military nodes at the Metropolis stage.
  • Hearing about how players will make the decisions to make the arena's is actually very compelling, it will be more server specific so I am very open to this idea if Military nodes are somewhat common but not abundant. 
  • I love the idea of gladiator-style combat arenas. I would just suggest that if it is implemented, the death penalties normally acquired from dying in-world don't apply. I'm assuming that the already-established cross-server arenas don't penalize death already, but if that's not the case, than I definitely feel it should be.

Love this idea, though. Really cool.

- Sikuba
  • Fantastic idea! We can take this coloseum idea totally separated from current arena and then it would work nicely. I like that colusseum would only be option in militaristic town, city and metropol, because that is brutal sports. I like the idea where players can be in audience and actually watch the matches. If the wager system can be implemeted without possibility to exploit it, i think then it would be nice add. 

Colosseum can be totally different than arena what it comes to matches. There can be different kind of variations and not just basic 1v1 and 3v3 what arena have. There can be for example be 3v3v3 or 8v8 or even 10 players vs each other survival PvP matches. Also there can be solo and group content for PvE mob waves or even PvE bosses. 

edited April 2018
    Ferryman said:
    Fantastic idea! We can take this coloseum idea totally separated from current arena and then it would work nicely. I like that colusseum would only be option in militaristic town, city and metropol, because that is brutal sports. I like the idea where players can be in audience and actually watch the matches. If the wager system can be implemeted without possibility to exploit it, i think then it would be nice add. 

Colosseum can be totally different than arena what it comes to matches. There can be different kind of variations and not just basic 1v1 and 3v3 what arena have. There can be for example be 3v3v3 or 8v8 or even 10 players vs each other survival PvP matches. Also there can be solo and group content for PvE mob waves or even PvE bosses. 

Could even have world bosses that have been captured and cater to any and all combat scenarios ?
    Especially if each entity comes with unique skills and abilities.

Capture system rather than taming system.
    Spectators do so at their own risk!
    :smiley: