Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Regional Limitations

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited April 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
I'm currently in the military and have been stationed over seas for almost 10 years.  Is there going to be any issues trying to log into servers from a Japanese IP, for example I needed a VPN to log into state side servers for games like black desert. 

Also, Japanese gamers out here seem really interested in an American MMORPG.  If there seems to be a market for AoC out here would the devs consider getting it translated at some time down the line after release?

Comments

• Options
    Hi @Cheap !
    There won't be any IP blocks so you'll be able to play wherever you are!
    Additional server regions will be considered based on interest!
    For launch the server regions planned are NA, EU and OCE!
  • Options
    Nice thats good to hear.  Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    This isn't meant as an insult but I hope they block Chinese, Russian and even Brazilian IPs trying to access the NA server since most of the time a large amount of botters/hackers are from these 3 regions.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Cheap said:
    I'm currently in the military and have been stationed over seas for almost 10 years.  Is there going to be any issues trying to log into servers from a Japanese IP, for example I needed a VPN to log into state side servers for games like black desert. 

Also, Japanese gamers out here seem really interested in an American MMORPG.  If there seems to be a market for AoC out here would the devs consider getting it translated at some time down the line after release?

Thank you for your service.  I never got to go overseas.  In fact I joined the Air
    Force to see the world and never got out of the Midwest.

Rageskylar said:
    This isn't meant as an insult but I hope they block Chinese, Russian and even Brazilian IPs trying to access the NA server since most of the time a large amount of botters/hackers are from these 3 regions.

Wouldn't matter, they would just VPN in, but the good news is Intrepid has build their game from the ground up with data monitoring in mind so that should hopefully stop a lot of it.  

• Options
    i think I'd kinda like other people from around the Globe to play. But definitely see your point @Rageskylar

@Cheap to clarify , thats  OCE/SEA  ( in case you wanted to be technical.)
    I remember a " Guild Fair " happened a little while back. So pretty sure all things are set and in motion as of now  :)