Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My experience at PAX East

Hello Ashes community!!
I would like to share my experience at PAX East with Ashes of Creation, I know some of you were not able to go so I will try to sum it up.
It was unlike any other booth I have ever been to at PAX out of the 4 years I have been going. The most amazing part was the whole dev team was on the floor walking around talking to everyone that was waiting. They even had the next 4 people come more inside the booth and out of the line and The Bard himself would sit and chat and explain the game as quickly as he could to everyone, answering any questions that they had. I have never seen someone fit so much information into so little time! I will admit I did fan girl a little bit when I first got in line and saw most of the leading development team. Steven, Bard, The Baconator,Keith Kovach, Peter Pilone, Matt Broom, Jon Arellano, Akil Hooper (Sorry if I missed anyone!!) It was one thing to hear them talk on stream about being so open with the community and wanting to hear our thoughts but being their and actually having a conversation with them about the game really made the far fetched dream closer to reality. The topping on the cake for me was how everyone talked about the culture of the studio. Everyone enjoys working at Intrepid and is so fluid with one another that development happens at a crazy scale. The environment the Steven and his team has created is exactly what is needed for them to make MMOs GREAT AGAIN!! 
The game play was great, it was a guided dungeon crawl with one of the developers leading the way, had a little bit of everything in the mix. We had to utilize our main class ability to detect danger, clear poisonous gas track enemies and find secret doors. We only got to play A cleric ranger mage and tank class, unfortunately no hybrid classes.There was a PVP area that I never got around to playing.

Thank you all for taking your time to read my summery of PAX East with Ashes of Creation.
-Aimed

Comments