Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combos !!!!

Is anyone else as excited as me about hearing that class skills for different classes will combo off each other?  That is going to be amazing so now not only do we have 64 class combos to look at (even though I only get 8 as a tank), but mixing and matching skill augmentations to combine with your normal group of friends is really brain wrecking. 

Comments

• Options
    For those that play in a dedicated group together it will become second nature over time to rack those up. For more casual formed groups the occurrences will probably be more random, and give an even bigger feeling of "OMG, did you just see that? That was crazy!"
  • Options
    For those that play in a dedicated group together it will become second nature over time to rack those up. For more casual formed groups the occurrences will probably be more random, and give an even bigger feeling of "OMG, did you just see that? That was crazy!"
    I agree with you on this, but I also just thought of if we can do it can the monsters do it back at us?
  • Options
    We saw it worked in GW2 with ability combinations, so I am very excited to see how Intrepid will implement the same feature.
    With the class system being so vast, this could open up to a very complex combat system in the end that will give groups a huge amount of tactical options.

A complex and detailed combat system is always welcomed in an MMO.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Zinnie said:
    We saw it worked in GW2 with ability combinations, so I am very excited to see how Intrepid will implement the same feature.
    With the class system being so vast, this could open up to a very complex combat system in the end that will give groups a huge amount of tactical options.

A complex and detailed combat system is always welcomed in an MMO.

Arguably, what is PvP progress without gaining experience on wide and varied skill combinations that classes can produce.
    Its akin to recipes in crafting and would be awesome if it reached similar levels of complexity.
    It would be ignorance in effect, that separates new players from old.
    The veterans would not just know what can be deployed..when...or where....but how to counter them.
    An endless progression, through trying to understand almost limitless multi-class combos, would be jaw dropping.
    A natural progression system without any artificial levels....experience.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    We have to band together to protect our nodes and caravans and freeholds.
    We will be doing so with other players who are on at the same time we are - and there will be quite a bit of open world housing.
    So, we will be banding together often with the same people and learn how to complement each others' abilities.
    And watch other people do so during monster coin events and caravan attacks and sieges.
    But, it still should be possible to see a lot of surprising team combos throughout the life of the game as different people use different sets of racial, religious and social augments...on top of (or in place of) secondary archetype augments.
  • Options
    I think it will really enhance the PvP battles also, Steven said he wanted to reward skilled play I think this is a great way to offset gear advantage.  As you guys said the experienced players will have a better control of the battlefield.
  • Options
    Its hard to find a balance between gear score and skill since everyone obviously wants all their hard earned gear to actually make them strong. At the same time people without as much time for the game will argue the opposite.
  • Options
    Yeah from the 64 posible combo, you can be happy if there will be 10 which will be viable, and then you can "really wreck your brain" in picking one from the few cookie cutters... 

Don't be delusional. Even ballancing out a few classes is already a hard thing for the current developer generation, 64 would be prettymuch imposible for them.

• Options
    Well trying doing some maths instead of using the class buff/nerf rotation system because you cant be arsed for figure stuff out.....and all classes would be viable.
    Balance means there is no best.
  • Options
    MADE said:
    Yeah from the 64 posible combo, you can be happy if there will be 10 which will be viable, and then you can "really wreck your brain" in picking one from the few cookie cutters... 

Don't be delusional. Even ballancing out a few classes is already a hard thing for the current developer generation, 64 would be prettymuch imposible for them.

I really like the term "cookie cutters", the fact that it's plural means that there are more than one.  So the question you have to ask is yourself, is witch shape of the class do you want to pick?  Do you want the the star, tree, car, or little heart?  Me I think I'd go with the doggy, because dogs are awesome :)
  • Options
    I want a one button macro that automatically selects the best ability that's not on cooldown.  Also need auto target and auto facing so I can play with one hand and drink / eat with the other......
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    I want a one button macro that automatically selects the best ability that's not on cooldown.  Also need auto target and auto facing so I can play with one hand and drink / eat with the other......
    Meh....I want to play with all my other Alts on auto pilot at once, so I can Xv1 everyone.
    ;)