Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

CC (crowd control) and threat

Hello yall! 

Reading the title you are correct that i am a former WoW player, who is no longer a wow player. I have tried to get back in to it, but for me, to much has changed, and not for the better. 

One of the reasons i look forward to AoC is that i want a game (MMORPG) that does not hold my hand in every turn i take in the game. I want to explore (yes i am a PvE player), i want to search and i want it to make my brain work. 

The question in this post is CC. Will there be some kind of CC and threat in AOC? Or do we pull and kill in a mindless form as we do in WoW at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    I have understand that there will be also support role beside the normal healer, dps and tank. I hope we can play support different ways. Not just buffing your allies, but i would really like to see CC/debuffer/distractor playstyle equal important than the holy trinity.

Even there will be the four main roles, i guess and i hope that we will see a lot of different kind of hybrid classes, where these four roles are freely mixed out of the known box. There is a good chance with these 64 different class combinations, that we will see hybrid builds. It is only up to devs how they manage to balance all these possibilities together and make all kind of variations valid choises.
  • Options
    Ashes game design has CC and Threat. Yes.
    But, we will have to see how well it all gels once we actually play.
    So far, the combat has seemed pretty mindless, but it's just Alpha-0 and the devs haven't really focused on combat.

Currently, the devs are more focused on core systems - like nodes.
  • Options
    @Ferryman and @Dygz Thank you for your answers! Going to be interesting to see how this evolves.

About mindless combat, i'm actually quite happy with what i see. The TAB target system does not frighten me as long as the content is immersive enough. Would be cool to see a hybrid combat system, but i wont let that make or break the game :smile:
  • Options
    One of the fun things we learned from PAX West is that our abilities such that if several members in a group use Ice abilities, they can work together to stack Ice effects on their targets.
  • Options
    Saps, traps, polys, and careful pulls would be amazing.