Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is the $500 buy-in worht it

Like honestly, I'm heavily considering $500 pack, but is dropping that much really worth what I will be getting?

Comments

• Options
    You get $180 of game time and $150 of store credit so i think it's up to you if the rest (cosmetics and alpha/beta access) is worth $170. 
  • Options
    Which $500 pack? The unlimited game time one (braver of worlds) or the new one
  • Options
    Rodzor said:
    Which $500 pack? The unlimited game time one (braver of worlds) or the new one
    "INTREPID PRE-ORDER PACK"
  • Options
    yeah as Mc stackerson said it's up to you if you value the testing and cosmetics at that price.

though if you want my own personal opinion, I don't think it's worth it and if it was me I would not buy it.
  • Options
    I don't think I could care enough about cosmetics. I'd rather have my look change via the gear I obtained then anything else. The alpha access is looking good though so it's tough.
  • Options
    To be honest, the only $500 package even remotely worth it is the Lifetime Subscription KS package. The other packages are just a bunch of Gametime and Cash Shop Credits, and if you don't care for cosmetic stuff, the Credits are pretty useless to you. 

Buy it if you want to support the Devs and help fund the game, otherwise stay clear is my opinion.
  • Options
    Zinnie said:
    To be honest, the only $500 package even remotely worth it is the Lifetime Subscription KS package. The other packages are just a bunch of Gametime and Cash Shop Credits, and if you don't care for cosmetic stuff, the Credits are pretty useless to you. 

Buy it if you want to support the Devs and help fund the game, otherwise stay clear is my opinion.
    Okay so I only see one $500 package and it doesn't say anything about lifetime membership, that said if this game is decent I'd have no problem supporting developers.

Anyway, you can link me to those other packages? Maybe they are not available in my area.
  • Options
    Yea I definitely would not spend that much unless you had the option for the lifetime. But if you have the money and love the game so far go for it. Otherwise just buy the cheap package and grab the monthly cosmetics you love until launch. :)
  • Options
    The lifetime sub isn't available anymore as it was for Kickstarter only, which ended about a year ago now. 

The only person that can answer the "is this worth it?" question is you ultimately.

But here's my two cents.

As mentioned before, you get $180 of game time. That's a while year of playing. Even if you don't care about cosmetics, the item shop may have other things like pets, skill/weapon/armor effects and who knows what else. There's $150 there. 

Then you get into Alpha, which allows you a look at the game early and see it's potential, plus bragging rights in a way. It's a way to get an earlier peak at Ashes. 

As I said, ultimately, you have to decide, but you'd be supporting the game while getttge a few perks. Is $500 an amount you'd be comfortable losing? If no, maybe the pack isn't a for you. Not saying you'd lose your money, but it's a good way measure if it's "worth it" to you.

• Options
    from my countless experiences its rarely ever worth it spending that amount of money for such early testing phases. usually as the game progresses, some people get turned away from the game and or other games come out in which interest them more while being stuck having spent $500. 
    If you have it, sure its up to you, but remember, game is  a while away, even the alpha is awhile away for you to test, lots can chance that you may not like by then and might regret trying to purchase in for some very early testing.

Ive purchased in crowfall early on, and im just sitting here waiting for the game to launch as there isnt much to test these days, especially earlier on.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    The lifetime sub isn't available anymore as it was for Kickstarter only, which ended about a year ago now. 

The only person that can answer the "is this worth it?" question is you ultimately.

But here's my two cents.

As mentioned before, you get $180 of game time. That's a while year of playing. Even if you don't care about cosmetics, the item shop may have other things like pets, skill/weapon/armor effects and who knows what else. There's $150 there. 

Then you get into Alpha, which allows you a look at the game early and see it's potential, plus bragging rights in a way. It's a way to get an earlier peak at Ashes. 

As I said, ultimately, you have to decide, but you'd be supporting the game while getttge a few perks. Is $500 an amount you'd be comfortable losing? If no, maybe the pack isn't a for you. Not saying you'd lose your money, but it's a good way measure if it's "worth it" to you.

I second this, only you can decide it's worth. I believe it is, but I am not you or your wallet.
  • Options
    IMO not until they are a little further in the development process. . . keep in mind they are doing a lot of things different from standard MMO's and if you get into the alpha one and hate it you'll be glad you didn't spend the $500; they've said they'll be pretty lax on the NDA's so i'd hold off at least until i see class combat for all classes rather than just the first four people tend to flock to. but that's just my 2 cents
  • Options
    I think it just depends on how willing you are to invest yourself into the game, especially so early. 
  • Options
    Yep, worth is in the eye of the beholder.  If $500 is easily spared and not needed for other expenses, and the cosmetics are something that make you excited for a future character you want to play, then go for it.  However, remember that the cosmetics change monthly.
  • Options
    In my honest opinion. You want to buy bundles of time when they're likely to be as cheap as possible. The cosmetics themselves will be less valuable because they grow exponentially more cool as time goes on generally in most games. That said if you think the discount on game time is worth it, consider it. However, you might be better off looking on the Grey Market for someone looking to get rid of a kickstarter bundle.
  • Options
    Its not worth it, compare these packs to Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria KS and Pre Order packs.

Crowfall KS they gave you a lot in KS but the Pre Order packs as time passed they gave you less and less. Not Worth it

Chronicles of Elyria KS and Pre Order Packs both are Worth what you Pay since the Only difference between KS and Pre Order Packs its that it costs $50 bucks more but you get everything the same KS pack included except for KS emotes,dance,salute.

Ashes of Creation KS Packs they had great bonus only for KS buyers while Pre Order Buyers get different things that really aint worth it.

The final decision is up to you

• Options
    As far as i know, the 150$ of store credit doesn't have an expiry date. So if everything else aside, you can save that store credit till the game comes out and you have a larger variety of cosmetics to choose from. Whether the other things are worth $350 is up to you