Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Starting Class Will You Choose?

Just wondering what the community has their minds set on so far. (Not including the subclasses)

Comments

• Options
    Bard/Tank is the ultimate class. Utility with survivability. 
  • Options
    I still dont know all the abilities of all the classes so its a bit hard. But i would love to be a ranger that has some sort of either siphon HP mechanics, or ranger/mage mix of being able to use frozen arrows as some sort of CC ranger vs DPS ranger. 

One of the clases that simply i dont see in almost any MMO these days are the Necromancer, and i believe this game will have one, would be very interested to see what its powers and spells are.

Hopefully we will have a website showing all the spells and stats in detail, its always fun to just play around with builds even if you arent in the game.
  • Options
    I will most likely make either a rogue or fighter first, but I will end up playing them all as the Altoholic I am.
  • Options
    It is hard to say. I will start with bard or summoner. I guess i need to know more about those classes before choosing any specific. But anyway my answer is atm bard, because i am going to at least test that out.
  • Options
    Yea its still early to say since we dont know all spells/passives/races etc... But as of now I just base my picks on the general idea of each base class we know about already. Mages generally do the most DPS :))
  • Options
    Depending on how summons are handled. Ranger and fighter are currently 2a and 2b
  • Options
    It's a given :)
  • Options
    I can't think of any game where I haven't tried the healer first, so without additional information on class combinations and which X+Clerics will also heal, I'll likely choose cleric base class first.
  • Options
    Summoner... going to be a necro. 
  • Options
    KingOelc said:
    Summoner... going to be a necro. 

I am interested in Beast Master and Enchanter from the summoner set, personally, as I love support roles as much as healing, but my roommate plans on playing Nerco too! I am currently leaning on Cleric x Summoner to play a shaman, so I guess summoner is kinda my second choice anyway.
  • Options
    Likely Mage or Ranger, too early to decide for me.
  • Options
    Rogue or Mage. I think those 2 combined with bard or summoner are very interesting.
    Those ice/fire summons with their own effects Steve talked about....gonna be cool for sure(Sum - Mage).
  • Options
    Fighter/Tank
    I want to be a Frontline DPS and not have to have healing be a priority for me. 
  • Options
    Probably a tank for me, and eventually subclass cleric. I have always had a paladin in any game that offered it. We shall see, though. Perhaps I'll change it up for the first time since 1999? Never know.
  • Options
    I was going to say Tank, but then again, I always like to hit from a distance. So Ranger all the way. Maybe a touch of Tank as a second.
  • Options
    Cleric.  Usually always play a healer, although very aggressively.  Can't stand standing in the background watching health bars.  Whatever resembles Disciple of Khaine (Warhammer Online) or Blood Mage (Vanguard).  Healing through hurting, baby!
  • Options
    Tank. Once a tank, always a tank. One can never stay away for long.

Side note, I'm sincerely interested in the sub-classes and how they will augment abilities. Also, I love crafting and really hope this itself is made into a legitimate job, not a passive hobby.
  • Options
    I'm torn between starting as a fighter or tank. I'll say tank for now since I enjoy tanking more than dps but might go sub-tank as a fighter. Need more class info before I commit to anything.