Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Any time frame on classes/abilities info?

I know there is a wiki on the class combinations and what names they will have when combined with other classes, however we basically have no info on what the combinations actually do and what abilities they enhance.

So for example, Ranger+mage=Scion, now what Scion excells at, what it does is all a mystery, and im wondering if there was any info given maybe in Pax or through dev's interaction on when we could expect some more info on the classes/abilities. A spreadsheet would be awesome to just play around while we wait for the game to develop.

And yes i know that most likely not all of those classes are developed yet, but obviously for the ones that they have, releasing that info would be super cool, just to see what certain classes have for abilities and what adding a secondary actually improves on those abilities. 

I know its early, but im just bored and excited, so bare with me :smile:

Comments

• They likely have not got to every class and Alpha0 is still under an NDA.
    More to come soon!
  • Dual-classing is not until Level 30, so I doubt that's part of Alpha-0.

A Scion would be Ranger abilities augmented by Mage abilities, so imagine augmenting Power Shot with Fireball and augmenting Snare with Ice Prison and augmenting Retreating Shot with Blink.
  • Before we worry about the cross-class abilities, let's just hope we get to see all 8 base classes' abilities posted soon
  • I mean im just curious on what they are thinking about, they dont need to give the damage values and animations and a picture, im just curious for example Range+Mage=Scion, and what is Scion exactly, a Utility ranger? Or what the description for him would be, main dps? What would he be considered, im just curious to play around with certain builds and things like that, all of which i know are early, but the need/want remains, which is a good thing, means im excited, as well as other people since i see Poll threads of what class to play already.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Scion should be able to be main dps if that is the role of the primary archetype.
    What the description will be, we don't know.
    Only gameplay example of a dual-class we have is Predator: Rogue + Ranger.
    You can catch a glimpse of that in the Art of War vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx6mQ-EiW4

We will probably have more detailed info by the end of summer.
    edited April 2018
    I am assuming it the Scion class will be a lot like the ranger with a useful magical augment on one or more of their abilities. 
  • We dont have any concrete info on each individual class but we do know that the classes will not be completely different from their primary archetype so in the end classes are more like modifications to the primary archetype you start with (something like warrior charge would become invisible for a duelist)
  • I mean they literally have a post of an entire class table on their main page: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/class-list/ most classes are self explanatory, they wont be that much different than what the classes do in other MMOs or D&D, wait for alpha 1 and we will know most of this info.

• The class list doesnt really tell us what a Summoner/Rogue will be like.
    Especially since we don't really know what base abilities a Summoner will have.
    We can maybe guess Shadowmancer will be summoning something other than pets, based on the PAX West Q&A, but, really no way to know.

I typically think of a Fighter as a tank, but Tank is a separate archetype in Ashes, so I have no clue what that class will be doing. Melee DPS that's somehow different than a Rogue's melee DPS?
  • What I'm hoping for is that each class feels unique. Augmenting old abilities with new ones is good, but I would also like to see some cool class-specific abilities as the defining features of the various kits. I'm sure they'll do a fantastic job, though. The amount of work these guys can bust out in such a short period of time is mind-boggling.
    edited April 2018
    Summoner + cleric= necromancer, very interesting choice.

So summoner seems straightforward, you will be able to summon minions, and as this is the core you then enhance these skills by adding the cleric to form the necro class. 
    So im assuming the minions you summon will be able to either heal you or life leech your enemies.

In such a dangerous world, a Cleric is never wanting for friends. They can protect their allies in a number of ways, and when necessary, snuff the life out of others. Masters over the very essence of life, they can sence the broken and corrupted.

I wonder if the bard+cleric would of been the better choice? what do you guys think?

Truly a force multiplier, the Bard weaves songs of glory and conquest, inspiring his comrades to ever greater heights. The Bard knows secret and powerful words, able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or convince foes to become friends.

This part in bold makes it seem you can have FEAR abilities from the bard, which means your necro is based on fearing enemies while also able to life leech. 

I know guild wars 2 necro class has both, the summoning and fear/life leech, so im very interested what this necro will be.

Here is the link to the GW2 necro  abilities
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromancer

Im just pretty much brainstorming out loud here cuz im bored, so dont take this like personal if some of you disagree lol... Just trying to make something out of nothing.

• I don't remember where I read it but the subclass will affect each of the main classes skill tree. Changing, enhancing, evolving is my guess. Since I am all about the pets the Summoner has my focus. I figure each change in class will also change what is summoned entirely.
    Mage sub would give spell casting summons.
    Ranger would give ranged summons.
    Tank would have high Hp and agro+ summons.
    Cleric would have summons that most likely heal the summoner as they deal damage with one that can heal nearby allies.
    Fighter, all about rushing and dealing damage melee style.
    Bard... buffing summons? Be kinda cool if you could summon a Siren who's songs strengthen alies and weaken enemies.
    Rogue... oh look at summoner is all alone. Lets get *GAK* summon drops out of stealth.
    Pure Summoner: Original summons are upped to the next stage of power, stronger faster and sparkly effects?

The Scion. Bows and Magic.. Magical Arrows that deliver spell like abilites. Fire Arrow, Ice Arrow, Explosive Arrow. Spy Arrow  (Shoot and see as if it were your eyes allowing you to plant an arrow into a camp to spy out enemy positions and the like.)