Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your wish list of tools for a Guild?

Ok your are the leader of a guild, or someone that is part of a guild.

What are a few Guild options you would love to see in AoC?

No matter what type of guild you have, we all would love some tool options we can use while part of the guild, or running the guild.

So lets hear what you would love to see.

Comments

• Options
    I would like to see:
    • Fully customable guild role/rank system with customable restrictions and permissions.
    • Customable guildbank with several tabs and permissions.
    • Log to guildbank.
    • Possibility to create guildbanner, backround and coat of arms. This icon can be in cloths, flags, capes, shields and maybe even on mount as caparision.
    • Perks.
    • Mass invite.
    • Show last time online.
    • Achievements.
    • Guild xp system to unlock bonus features.
    • Calendar where players can mark events.
    • Customable tax system.
    • Reward system.
    • Guildhall.
    • Request system. Players can leave buy and sell orders.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I would like to see:
    • Fully customable guild role/rank system with customable restrictions and permissions.
    • Log to guildbank.
    • Possibility to create guildbanner, backround and coat of arms. This icon can be in cloths, flags, capes, shields and maybe even on mount as caparision.
    • Perks.
    • Mass invite.
    • Show last time online.
    • Achievements.
    • Customable tax system.
    • Reward system.
    • Guildhall.
    Love the list, but you forget a big option. Alliance system, so you can group with other guilds under one banner.
  • Options
    I like the ideas listed already, but would like to add a few I would like to see that weren't listed.

-Voting/polling system
    -Alliance management system
    -Role tagging 
  • Options
    All these are amazing. Though I do not want to see a mass invite option. 
  • Options
    Developed guild war utility system.

- one sided war declaration list / and mutually agreed war declaration list separately (could have different rule sets)
    - enough room in "war list" to add many guilds there
    - team slots to organize your guild war, mark your teams, perhaps after that assigned teams would see each other in different color than just "green for guild members"
    - UI panel to include alliances in guild wars (optionally, configuring your teams by placing members of different allied guilds inside a team, and then they see each other in same specific color, regardless of guild affiliation)
    - UI to mark squad leaders, etc.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    I would actually NOT like to see perks and bonus features, unless they won't force people to be part of a guild. If the bonuses are guild-related, it's fine. Otherwise they might create a huge gap between guilds and solo players.
  • Options
    All these are amazing. Though I do not want to see a mass invite option. 
    Inside guild some kind of inviting tool would help a lot. It is pain if you need to invite people for big group if you need to pick those one by one. I did not not explain what i mean by mass invite, but command like "inv all guild members", which send invitation to all guild members online. Of course you can explain what this is all about so those who will participate knows to do so and other just decline. 

This would be helpful tool in GvG situations f.e. where you need to assemble group fast. Maybe you are in middle of battle and you cant start to invite people one by one. Okay i don't know what kind of scenarios there will be, but i guess in some situations you need react fast.

And what it comes for declaration of war, i would like to see feature like that and i am pretty sure we are also getting one. Even i don't want it to be just instantly used where you have half of the world in your list. I want to see some kind of meaningful system with calm number of guilds, which you can be in war with at the same time. It is easy to spice this up with official agreements what it comes to war, peace and alliances. 
  • Options
    I would actually NOT like to see perks and bonus features, unless they won't force people to be part of a guild. If the bonuses are guild-related, it's fine. Otherwise they might create a huge gap between guilds and solo players.
    Those could be just slight buffs and nothing huge which can make a gap. I agree that solo players should not be forced to join guild just to get some superior benefits.
  • Options
    It would also be nice if some guild management parts could be used via mobile (AoC app). So you dont need to be on your pc to add events to calendar, send messages, manage tools.. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ferryman said:
    I would like to see:
    • Log to guildbank.
    • Perks.
    • Mass invite.
    • Show last time online.
    • Achievements.
    • Customable tax system.
    • Reward system.
    • Guildhall.
    There is no reason to have a mass invite. Have you ever played WoW? It is the most annoying thing to log into the game on new character and get spammed invite by 20 guilds. Guild XP System is also terrible idea. This system destroyed guilds in WoW and allowed no new guilds to come out because they were not level 25. After Cataclysm expansion it was instantly took out of the game and never looked at again. This should never be a thing.
    Granthor said:
    Ferryman said:
    I would like to see:
    • Log to guildbank.
    • Perks.
    • Mass invite.
    • Show last time online.
    • Achievements.
    • Customable tax system.
    • Reward system.
    • Guildhall.
    Love the list, but you forget a big option. Alliance system, so you can group with other guilds under one banner.
    That'll turn this game into a fully zerg guild type of game just like how a game Revelation Online turn out to be. Three major guild banned together and almost took over the server, until I joined another guild and stop it.
  • Options
    Guild halls, within the established cities if that guild plays a huge role in contributing to the Nodes progress, otherwise instanced (separate from instanced housing)!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Generalizing a bit, any guild system that involves raising some levels (similar to a ladder system) is going to be bad and will force people to flock towards the best gimmicky options. Putting perks behind how many people are in a guild (or creating any kind of dependence on guild size) is going to do the same. Like I said in other threads, I hate ladder systems - they are a lazy design that doesn't promote anything good in the long run.

About the alliances, I believe the issue could be solved with something quite simple: make them temporary and breakable at any point and do not provide any kind of economic/perk/etc bonus. In other words, alliances should be purely political with the benefit of unlocking some specific actions: - if someone attacks a node owned by someone from the alliance, his guild could initiate a "call to arms" to rally allies to its defense; - refusal to join a defensive war could break the alliance by default (i.e. remove the refusing guilds from the alliance); - any member guild could simply turn against their allies by some kind of "surprise war declaration" , but only if they did not agree to help the defender; etc...

We also need different political statuses for guilds - allied, neutral, at war, secret allies, cautious, friendly, etc. Each of the these could be regarded either as steps towards a final goal (i.e. to be able to form an alliance with another guild each guild needs to do some things to improve these statuses until the "allied" one becomes available), OR as a way to give some kind of small bonuses/features that don't affect essential gameplay features/economics (for example: two guilds that are friendly will be able to receive some notification if any member gets attacked somewhere, or if a monster attacks one of its nodes - but only a notification such that you choose whether you want to care or not; being allied allows for the actual call to arms and such).

As long as alliances do NOT last forever, by default, it should be fine. For example, keeping an alliance for 7-10 days could be a good measure, provided that getting to the "allied" status doesn't involve huge amounts of work (for example, something that can be done in 12-24h for an 8-10 day alliance might be ok). After the duration expires, guilds will return to a neutral status (unless other declarations of war already modified that) for another 8-10 days (so you won't be able to be part of an alliance with ANY of the same guilds for the following period).

We could even have Europa Universalis'/Crusader Kings' level of politics, eventually :lol::lol::lol:

It's really not that different and not impossible to do in my opinion. Some systems will be in place anyway (like mayors, leaders etc). One expansion dedicated to this could go a long way (but not too long after the launch, as to keep people interested).

Surprise wars, allies that help each other, allies that say they will help but won't do anything, disgruntled alliance members because one of the guilds sent only 1 guy to help, military embargoes or secret treaties (i.e. if one guild breaks from the alliance its people will suffer a PVP penalty when fighting against the other alliance members), etc - all could be some really nice political features.
  • Options
    Knale said:
    Ferryman said:
    I would like to see:
    • Mass invite.
    There is no reason to have a mass invite. Have you ever played WoW? It is the most annoying thing to log into the game on new character and get spammed invite by 20 guilds. Guild XP System is also terrible idea. This system destroyed guilds in WoW and allowed no new guilds to come out because they were not level 25. After Cataclysm expansion it was instantly took out of the game and never looked at again. This should never be a thing.

You understand mass invite wrong. We talked about guild management tools, so i ment inviting guild members to group.  

Yes i have played also WoW and i dont see why that xp system destroyed guilds? Anyway guild progression does not need to give any superior benefits and can be mostly about cosmetics. For example skins, pets, mounts, vanity items, new options for logos, flags and such. 
  • Options
    While I personally like guild leveling system, with the node leveling system in place in Ashes, I'm not sure how needed it is. I don't see a reason to not have one if it is added in to fill a different role and using vastly different mechanics to node leveling, but I could see an argument for not needing it.

On the members tab, I'd like to see a list of players (obviously) with; guild rank; what node they are citizens of - including type and level; character level and class; professions and level; space for player notes; space for officer only notes; current location or time since last online.

I'd like players to be able to nest their alts under their main on this list - if they chose to do so.

Obviously the player list list should be able to be sorted by any parameter - class or profession and their level, node name, type and/or level, last online etc.

I'd also like this list to show players kvd ratio over the last *X* days.

I'm not super sold on guild banks. I don't see it fitting in well with the caravan system. If it were to be added to the game, I'd want to see it either quite limited in size, or unable to hold crafting materials. If it is implemented, everything that happens in the bank needs to be logged for all guild members to see.

I'd like to see a Guild War tab. This would have all wars the guild has been involved with, the guild(s) they fought against and the outcome of the war. This is also where you would declare war on another guild (I don't believe the game will have mechanics for 'mutually agreed' wars, so don't need features for it). Obviously, this tab would also show which guilds you are at war with now, which guilds you are unable to declare war on right now, and if there is a cooldown on declaring guild wars in general, how long until that timer is up.

A guild alliance window, with a list of all online players that are allied with your guild.

Guild ranks; ability to set as many ranks as required; ability to set rank by player - applying to all players nested alts (as per above); ability to alter an individual players rank name and icon without needing to create a full new rank; ability to set parameters to auto-promote players (say, if you are a recruit for 4 weeks and still in the guild at that point, you are automatically promoted to member).

I'd like to see an in-game calendar so guilds can organize their activities - even things like running caravans would benefit from a calendar.

A guildwide group invite could be useful - though I wouldn't be surprised to see group invites in AoC be line of sight only.

I don't want to see a tax system at all. We will have that with nodes, and there is no specific need for guilds to collect a tax from players (most guilds that do this in my experience are simply ripping off their members).

A system for leaders to poll guild members on matters to do with the guild may be a good idea.

I think that's about it for now.
  • Options
    Noaani said:

On the members tab, I'd like to see a list of players (obviously) with; guild rank; what node they are citizens of - including type and level; character level and class; professions and level; space for player notes; space for officer only notes; current location or time since last online.

I'd like players to be able to nest their alts under their main on this list - if they chose to do so.

Obviously the player list list should be able to be sorted by any parameter - class or profession and their level, node name, type and/or level, last online etc.

I'm not super sold on guild banks. I don't see it fitting in well with the caravan system. If it were to be added to the game, I'd want to see it either quite limited in size, or unable to hold crafting materials. If it is implemented, everything that happens in the bank needs to be logged for all guild members to see.

These are good ones and really helps with management.  :)

But i dont see that guild bank has negative effect to caravan system. Some resources are just not found from every node and some are even really far away. Now someone in guild still needs to ship the goods by caravan from distance even those would been shared by guild members.  ;)
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Noaani said:

But i dont see that guild bank has negative effect to caravan system. Some resources are just not found from every node and some are even really far away. Now someone in guild still needs to ship the goods by caravan from distance even those would been shared by guild members.  ;)
    I may well be wrong, but the way I see it, if there is the ability for mass storage, guilds will simply run multiple caravans together, with the whole guild guarding.

It's a causality thing, to me. Mass storage space leads to stacking caravans close together - stacking caravans leads to high player numbers guarding - higher player numbers guarding leads to less players attacking - less players attacking negates the idea behind the system.

Caravans should be something that players need to do often, not something players can do in bulk.

That is my view, anyway.
  • Options
    Noaani said:
    Ferryman said:
    Noaani said:

I may well be wrong, but the way I see it, if there is the ability for mass storage, guilds will simply run multiple caravans together, with the whole guild guarding.

It's a causality thing, to me. Mass storage space leads to stacking caravans close together - stacking caravans leads to high player numbers guarding - higher player numbers guarding leads to less players attacking - less players attacking negates the idea behind the system.

Caravans should be something that players need to do often, not something players can do in bulk.

That is my view, anyway.
    You have a good point. And it is sure that guilds will manage caravans to ship goods together. I have done that occasionally in other games even there was no specific feature for caravan. It is common guild activity to ship goods through dangerous zones to minimalize losses. But i am not sure if thats a bad thing even guilds can benefit it more than invidual players, because they have also seen more effort to it.

Also i am not sure how this caravan event will excatly be implemented. Will there be caravans, where players can reserve spots and when caravan is full it will start to move on or are these always some players custom arranged happenings? Or different kind of options?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ferryman said:
    Noaani said:
    Ferryman said:
    Noaani said:

That is my view, anyway.
    You have a good point. And it is sure that guilds will manage caravans to ship goods together. I have done that occasionally in other games even there was no specific feature for caravan. It is common guild activity to ship goods through dangerous zones to minimalize losses. But i am not sure if thats a bad thing even guilds can benefit it more than invidual players, because they have also seen more effort to it.

Also i am not sure how this caravan event will excatly be implemented. Will there be caravans, where players can reserve spots and when caravan is full it will start to move on or are these always some players custom arranged happenings? Or different kind of options?
    Caravans are player-custom. They seem to me to basically be something that players summon, fill with materials and then essentially drive to their destination - but I may be wrong.

If guilds are able to run a few weeks worth of caravans in one night and simply store the materials, it takes the caravan from being an integral aspect of the game - which is it's intention - to little more than an inconvenience.
  • Options
    Listen to the Aggelos livestream from yesterday. Steven goes into detail (mostly) about castle sieges and how caravans will be integral to their success. There will be other caravan mechanics at play other than just people moving personal stuff for sale or stockpile around.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I would like to see:
    • Log to guildbank.
    • Perks.
    • Mass invite.
    • Show last time online.
    • Achievements.
    • Customable tax system.
    • Reward system.
    • Guildhall.
    Karthos said:
    I like the ideas listed already, but would like to add a few I would like to see that weren't listed.

-Voting/polling system
    -Alliance management system
    -Role tagging 
    I support these. I'll also add a few.

• Extensive Alliance System
    • Guildhalls being versatile and worth investing in
    • Unique items that offer exclusive guild barding cosmetics or guild buffs.

• Options
    I would love a way to store your deeds and lore in some way like a guild library or a trophy room 
  • Options
    Listen to the Aggelos livestream from yesterday. Steven goes into detail (mostly) about castle sieges and how caravans will be integral to their success. There will be other caravan mechanics at play other than just people moving personal stuff for sale or stockpile around.
    Oh for sure, but those other things don't pertain much to guild banks.