Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Account stash for cosmetics?

I know that they've already stated items won't be transferable between characters on the same account for advantage/disadvantage reasons.. 
But how about cosmetic items purchased from the cash shop? Say, if I brought a $25 cosmetic set of armour for one of my characters cos I thought it looked awesome.. I'd have to purchase the same cosmetic armour 5 more times for each characters? Seems a little absurd to spend $125 just to maintain consistency..

Any word on how cosmetics are handled between characters? 

Comments

• Options
    No, they have clearly stated that cosmetics are account usuable. However, you can only apply a single skin to a single character or mount/object. They gave the example of throwing that cool Fire racial on your toon. If you want to use it on another toon, you would first have to remove it from the first toon, freeing it up to be used on the second. So while they have not said it is a "stash," it will basically function like you are familiar with from other games. Just instead of being able to apply to all characters, in most cases they are single use at a time. Dyes and other infinite consumables this does not apply to.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    Thanks, I don't follow dev streams or whatever to find out where and what has been stated. So I come here with my questions. Knowledgeable fellows like yourself always have an answer.
  • Options
    Can you buy multiple cosmetics that are the same for use on multiple characters??
  • Options
    Can you buy multiple cosmetics that are the same for use on multiple characters??
    So far, no. But again, that is for things like costumes, mount, and housing skins. Things like dyes from the store will be able to be used on multiple characters and possibly the single use at a time skins.
  • Options
    Dyes, so far, are one use only, unless you have a Kickstarter package, as a there was a stretch goal of some permanent dyes.
  • Options
    Yep, dyes obtained in game will be single use only. They clarify it at time stamp 33:30.
    http://www.aocwiki.net/Ashes_of_Creation_Kickstarter_Livestream_2017-05-24#.5B33:30.5D_Explain_the_dye_system.3F
  • Options
    You CAN transfer items between characters but they can only be given to 1 character at a time.