Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gamer are you?

So what type are you?

Me I have to say I am an Old school gamer/ Casual gamer, so I am under the other on the vote, seeing how I have a combo on the table. lol

Comments

• Options
    Gamer A.
    Image result for gamera gamer image
  • Options
    Hardcore Competitive
  • Options
    I am a hardcore cooperative gamer.
  • Options
    I would like to say I'm hardcore but I don't have the time for it anymore
  • Options
    I would categorize myself as competitive casual or semi hardcore gamer at most. Depends how much i have time to spend when Ashes goes live. 
  • Options
    Casual changing into semi hardcore because AoC seems to be worth it to spend more time and effort.
  • Options
    OG

I played video games before it was trendy and "watching a stream" meant taking a piss after beating World 5 on Super Mario. Players used to respect each other. Kids today don't understand.

Get of my digital lawn you young bastards!!!!
  • Options
    When I was in my teens and early 20s I was a hardcore/pro gamer but life happened and now I'm a filthy semi-hardcore gamer. 
  • Options
    I can be as hardcore as you want me to be  ;)

In all seriousness, if I'm interested in the game, I will play and do whatever I need to do in order to accomplish my goals in-game. Plus, I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD so now I have stimulants and don't need sleep!   :D

ADHD ftw!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    inb4 I'm not actually being literal. Without sleep, you die after a bit over a week.   :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    To the point it seems like a disease....
  • Options
    As with most people my age—and some on this thread: I used to be an extreme hardcore gamer playing upwards of 18 hours a day. 
    Now, it’s juggling a wife, kids, and career while gaming when I get the chance. I still play for hours, but now it’s generally late at night after work, and some quality time with the family.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Competitive / PvX - strive to do top level content as skilled as possible, both PvP and PvE
    Group player - playing in a nice competitive guild with other skilled (and nice, personality wise) players

Time wise - semi hardcore: I do not play 24/7 - so my time table is more in line with casual style, however while I do play, I do play competitive content (ok, ok, sometimes I just slack).
  • Options
    Ole time gamer, still believe you should have to put forth an effort to achieve the best rewards a game has to offer.  Always been casual competitive through out the week & hardcore on weekends, but real life always takes precedence.
  • Options
    Old time gamer RP-PVE
  • Options
    I refuse to be pigeon holed so my response is ...I am a handsome and pretty perfect gamer.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Where is the I kill the hell out of everyone option..........
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hardcore to casual. Depends on how deep the hook bites. If the game is so so I will casual it but if the game turns out to be the bomb then I will go ape shit on it.
  • Options
    Casual...  i enjoy life but love when a game can pull me in. With that said, this game appears to be one i will take time off from work to play. 
  • Options
    see a lot of "core" gamers that should be casuals, yall know who u are  ;)
  • Options
    I fall under core gaming with hardcore tendencies if I find a gem. I love to play different genres, and experience all games have to offer. I also find myself going back and playing through the classics ever few months, But with how busy life can get, sometimes i go a month or two without touching anything more than a mobile game. I was hardcore into DAOC back in the day, and a casual WOW player for a while. Hardcore into BF and COD back when Shooters were good.. Spent about 2 years getting really into a little facebook game Called Dawn of The Dragons, and then real life happened, and since then I haven't been able to get hardcore into anything. Randomly pop in to Diablo 2, keeping my original account alive since 2002. Runescape Classic servers were vital while i was quitting smoking...

Hoping with the release of this game, and my group of gamer buddies I frequently play with, I can get back into a more consistent gaming experience.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    OG

I played video games before it was trendy and "watching a stream" meant taking a piss after beating World 5 on Super Mario. Players used to respect each other. Kids today don't understand.

Get of my digital lawn you young bastards!!!!
    Sorry.. Your princess is in another castle..
  • Options
    No idea what I actually am, but I consider myself a casual gamer at least.
  • Options
    My playstyle is: casual challenge/hardcore time.
  • Options
    As much as I would like to be considered a core player, the amount of time that I spend in a videogame that I love can become pretty massive... I will go for hardcore then, even though I don't like to pressure other players with an hardcore attitude
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know if I was hardcore but when I started with Everquest2 I played at least 5 days a week for at least 6 hours per day.  Included in there are some 12-16 hour mammoth sessions that could happen on weekends (sometimes on Sat. and Sun both so 24-32 hours).  I did that for several years until I burned out and cut back.  I still tend to go hot and heavy when a new game comes out but not to that extent.  I'm over 50 now and can't do that like I used to do.  Now I consider myself a casual because I'll play 2-4 times per week for a few hours each.  With work and other commitments that's about the most I can manage.
  • Options
    You were a hardcore time player and are now a casual time player.
    I don't know where you fall on the challenge spectrum.
  • Options
    I am a core killer that's about it. I don't even particularly like games oddly enough. I like to build a charecter the best it possibly can be. Work on timing reflexes and develops muscle memory. Then just pvp as much as possible. Yes What's wrong with me ...... lol

btw anyone know what guild Dygz is going to be in. If you know or find out please tell me. ( evil grin)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I typically don't join guilds.
    And when I do, it's by character; not account-wide, of course. :p

Core refers to a person who plays a lot of games, so it's very odd that you play a lot of games even though you don't particularly like games.