Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild perk system / naming system / solo player perk system

Solo players being "disadvantaged" for not having guild perks, why would they be?

Each player could level his own perk system as well. 

Lets say guilds have 5 levels (just an example) and at each level guild gets some perks that all members can use. And to get the guild level all members have to work for this.

So how about each player can, in addition work on his own perks (also 5 levels). Now the trick is that this personal perk system is applied ONLY while player is not in any guild. As soon as player joins a guild, personal perk system is "frozen" and guild perk system is applied. If player leaves the guild, his personal perk system is unfrozen and applied again.

If player leveled his personal perk system to level 3, and then joined a guild, and now is using his guilds perks, that does not mean he can't continue leveling his own perk system, it just means its perks are not applied while he is in guild. So if he levels the system to 5, and then leaves the guild, he will have level 5 personal perks.

Guild perks could also be in line with guild type that was chosen (from my post in another thread, but posting it below as well) - so while militaristic type guild would have it's own name system, it would also have it's own perk system that would be in line with militaristic type of guild.

When guild is created, initial guild type would be chosen for free. And as guild grows in number this particular naming line would be used.

Guild type could be changed from 1 type to another later on, but this would cost in game currency from guild treasury, and possibly have some cool down.

In same way, personal player perks could be tuned to fit solo player.

Add this to naming system I suggested (group names don't have to be exact hose), and you have nice complex guild system where it's important which type of guild you join, differently sized guilds are named differently to be immersive, guilds aren't disadvantaged based on group size but only on guild level that is leveled separately, and doesn't depend on guild size.

And solo players aren't at disadvantage (in aspect of this) since they have their own perk system they can work on, and use, that even fits their play style better than some guild perk system would.

A suggestion for name system based on group size (and not on guild level):

GUILD SIZE = GUILD TYPE (Militaristic / Economic / Scientific / Religious / Outlaw)

2 - 10 = Unit / Commerce / Team / Church / Gang
11 - 50 = Division / Firm / Department / Sect / Ring
51 - 100 = Legion / Enterprise / Institute / Cult / Cartel
100+ = Army / Corporation / Society / Religion / Syndicate

Militaristic: Unit - Division - Legion - Army
Economic: Commerce - Firm - Enterprise - Corporation
Scientific: Team - Department - Institute - Society
Religious: Church - Sect - Cult - Religion
Outlaw: Gang - Ring - Cartel - Syndicate

Yes even outlaw type of guild could be chosen, with perks to go in line of such guild type.

Again, guild levels (and perk levels, do NOT depend on guild size, only naming system depends on guild size).

Solo players also have to work to level up their personal perk system, like guilds do to level theirs.

So what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea of solo/guild perks, and the way that would work. 

The rest...meh. I generally don’t get caught up in semantics. It’s all a guild to me. Whether that be 2 people, or 200. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    interesting, it would be good to see soloplayers get a bone, but pvp and pve are both multipersonnel mostly/in nature.

but it might be a little soon to start thinking on guild allegiances i feel, love the spunk tho:D

sidenote: steven said in a livestream that guilds can either choose to expand their cap or harvest buffs/upgrades instead.
    we might see the truest rise of merchant guilds:)
  • Options
    @Gothix How would you balance a solo perk system with the one of a guild, considering that the more players are in that guild, the faster it can level?

In other words, what kind of perks can be made such that the progress of a guild doesn't depend on the number of its members? (Should this even happen though?)
  • Options
    @Crusader2010 work required to level up personal perk system would be balanced with whats needed to partake in leveling guild based system.

Obviously you wouldn't need to do the work of 100 people to level personal perks.

But time wise, approximately the amount of time that guild takes to level 5, should also be an amount of time a player can level his personal perk system to level 5.

Tasks needed to do that would also be appropriate to solo play, while leveling a guild perks would generally be a group based tasks.

And perks wise, I'll just throw a wild example here, if level 1 economic guild perk was 2% more currency looted, and religious was 2% faster passive HP regen,... solo player level 1 perk could be something in line with this, but fit to a solo game play.

I'm just throwing wild examples here. The point is that perk system would be balanced and equally useful for everyone, it would just give you different bonuses, depending on if which type of guild you are, or if you are solo.

PERSONAL work done to level each perk system would be around the same. Guild system would be a lot more work, but shared among more people as well. "Personally" it would feel the same to a player.
  • Options
    Outlaw guilds would miss out on monetary boosts, military boosts and what not, but they might have something to help them hide better from bounty hunters, and stuff like that.
  • Options
    Solo player really just refers to adventuring while not formally joining a group.
    When I join guilds -which is rare- I still solo 90-98% of the time.
    Easy enough to enjoy guild perks and still solo if you join a casual guild.

Devs are highly unlikely to give solo perks since the point of the perks is to reward players for playing together.
  • Options
    I guess there could be different kind of NPC factions and guilds, which offer some perks to invidual players. And what it comes to perks generally, those does not need to be superior buffs, but more like slight and/or cosmetics.  
  • Options
    There will be NPC social organization perks that solo players will be able to acquire - especially augments. Yes.
    They aren't specifically solo perks, though.