Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hero of the People(BoW Upgrade).....

I can't stop looking at it. Someone talk me out of it....

Comments

• Options
    If I could do it, I would.
  • Options
    Yeah, I want to. Seriously, who doesnt want a tree house (Among everything else....Im already coming up with names for npcs haha)? Im curious though if this is going to start looking as ridiculous as Shroud of the Avatar. All the initial Alpha and Beta backers had dozens of ridiculous statues, trophies, decorations, etc...and cluttered the hell out of their instances with them. I started playing upon release, and realized i was never going to have any of the cool stuff that they did, so i quit after a couple days. 

So when this game is released, are the late adopters going to log in, see that thousands of people have been sitting here waiting the past couple of years already, who have tons of rewards they'll never have, causing them to realize they missed the main event, and leave forever?

And where does all of this stuff go? If nodes can get taken over or destroyed after sieges(not sure how it happens) where does my housing and decorations go when this happens? Does it all get packed up in a crate and sent to some in-game mailbox for me to haul to the next node in which I feel like investing my time?

I love the idea of this game. I cant wait to be a part of it. Im a Braver of World summer backer and Ive purchased every single in-game item from the store since then. Just not sure where its all going to go, or why theres gotta be such an overwhelming amount of it. New people aren't going to stick around if all of this is unavailable to them.
  • Options
    If your freehold/housing is destroyed you gain a blueprint. You don't have to rebuild/buy anything.

You will never be able to prevent players that start later than others from not having 'exclusives' because items will always rotate through availability.

I'm a Braver, I recommend it. I also have no idea what your original package is or what you would pay to upgrade compared to your financial situation.

If you can do it and not miss out on any necessities, do it.
  • Options
    From the Kickstarter numbers we know about people $2500 and above number around a 100, throw another 100 on just for shits and giggles that may have upgraded to that level we don't know about. That means 200 people that will have statues, and an even smaller number of those that will have personalized freehold appearances. Now factor in size of the map and that there is no mega-server, those possible 200 people will be spread over what is most likely going to be at least 10 (unconfirmed) server options at launch. So the argument that it is going to be constantly thrown in your face how much of a sad sack you were for not dropping a bunch of money on a concept just doesn't seem to hold up. You got lifetime with your Summer Braver purchase, if as you say you quit Shroud because of people having stuff you couldn't get, you are going to have years of disappointment and angst.
  • Options
    If you are in a position to get it, get it.

I don't put money up on Kickstarter for anything. As such, I won't be getting anything that was labeled as Kickstarter exclusive.

I just hope some of the things that were not labeled as exclusive get offered up in some form ot some stage.
  • Options
    Ok, valid arguments.Was just curious. Still cant wait to play. Im going to lose myself in this game
  • Options
    is this a kickstarter package? cuz i dont see it in the shop
  • Options
    KS and SB
  • Options
    NTBRO said:
    is this a kickstarter package? cuz i dont see it in the shop
    Because I ordered Braver of Worlds last May, I believe this is why I see the upgrade available in the shop here. I have the options of upgrading to "Leader of Men" ($500), "Royalty" ($2000), or "Hero of the People" ($4500)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    @Holy-Shiv that is indeed the deal. If you were a KS or Summer backer you have the option of increasing your pledge, minus the initial amount. So since you got the $500 package, going up to the $2500 would only cost $2000. Only those that qualify see those options on their account page.
  • Options
    @Holy-Shiv Just like you, I am a summer backer LOM package.... I was also looking at the Hero of the people package, finding reasons not to get it is proving to be difficult.
  • Options
    Do it!