Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmestic & Pets

Hey Guys and Gals;

Just browsing through the store at the pets and costumes. Since Ive decided to create a Vaelune based character is there any indication if the cosmetics available originate from a particular race/culture

For example do you think the Protectors armour is from the Kaelar race?
I need me a nice Vaelunian Warlocks robes lol

Comments

• Options
    I think the Protector's Armor in the April package is probably Kaelar.
    So far, it seems like that has been the focus of the cosmetic designs.
    I'm really hoping to see more non-Aelar and non-European cosmetic designs offered soon.
    We have 8 races and 8 classes. It would be nice to rotate through each month.
    I wouldn't be opposed to Vaelunian Warlock robes if we consider the Necromancer robes from the previous pack to be Empyrian Summoner robes.
    But it would be very nice, I think to soon have cosmetics for a Pyrai Shadow Disciple and/or a Vek Soulbow.

• Options
    9 races. Though I doubt we will see any cosmetics related to the Tulnar till after the big reveal. They are going to be worked on last since they were a stretch goal.
  • Options
    Right. Tulnar were a stretch goal, so I am not expecting to see Tulnar cosmetics for a long, long while.
    :p
  • Options
    to be sure then none of the existing costumes are actually defined are they ?
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "defined".
    The Protector's Armor does not fit the aesthetics of Vek, Pyrai or Niküa.
    Probably does not fit the aesthetics of a Ren'Kai, Empyrean or Dünir.

But, I think any race can wear any armor.
  • Options
    Hi @Dygz

Just to clarify , Im sure all races can wear everything no problems there, my main question is, do the cosmetics design/style stem from a particular race? 
    I think from the lack of any official statements its safe to say the cosmetics are all generic  and are not defined to be off a style of any particular race yet.

As you state the protector armour does not fit any of the races style but yet who created it ?
    So thank you all I think I have my answer!

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    They are not generic.
    The Protector's Armor is almost certainly Aelar.
    Which sub-race of Aelar, I don't know.

Aelar is basically the default race at this stage of development.
  • Options
    Well that makes sense as  Aelar is just really the equivalent of saying its human. I would then hazard a guess that the protector armour almost certainly would be Kaelar as the Vaelune are a race from the desert which i doubt would wear a full suit of armour.

I suppose they don't want to pigeon hole the costumes yet to provide 'broad appeal'.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the cosmetic armour is equipped as a whole? Or you can have sections of it?

Example; the protectors armour, as a full plate armour.. But can you wear just the armour, with no helm? Or just the boots and gloves if you wanted? Or is it set so you will have everything on as a whole?
  • Options
    Great question i personally dont have any idea!
  • Options
    Undead skin is a must!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I think that you should add as many cosmetic items - so that everyone can create a unique character.
    My latest hobby and something I learn a lot about is craftng and buying items.
    The game that allows you to buy an item is PoE, is one of the few games that contains such a large number of unique items. Of course, there are many more items behind items that you can keep in your inventory. Stash is useful for that. I will play in the new league myself, this is important to me. Of course, you can also find currency there, but let's focus on buying poe items.

Is there any website with PoE Currency and PoE Items?
    Is it true what they say about Odealo? Apparently it's a good PoE Shop

I play many different types of games, from MMO through logic games to FPS.
    However, the most I like large games, where the world is huge, and I can interact with other players, this is the magic.
    What interaction? For example, I can sell PoE currency to another player, buy poe items for it and have a few more profit orbs. You just need to find the right marketplace where the currency is cheap and quickly available. The new league is approaching, so you will soon be able to buy PoE currency and PoE items.
    There are sites such as G2G, but I prefer to use Odealo because it is proven and I have great confidence.
    I will share with you the shop link, where I buy poe currency https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
    You're welcome
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Flameh0t said:
    Anyone know if the cosmetic armour is equipped as a whole? Or you can have sections of it?

Example; the protectors armour, as a full plate armour.. But can you wear just the armour, with no helm? Or just the boots and gloves if you wanted? Or is it set so you will have everything on as a whole?
    @Flameh0t put this question in the Q&A for the live stream May 4th.