Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Shield of Reverence. How do shields work?

So I was looking at the Shield of Reverence and thought, "that's a weird name," then I looked at the Wings of Reverence and thought that was a weird name too. Why do they say reverence? Are these designed for religious class type people? Do you get a boost in religion when using these? Do religious people get a boost for using them? Or is it just a name? How do shields work? Will there be a Skullcrusher Shield for Fighters and a Sneaky Shield for thieves? 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Any class can use those shields, but they probably would be more effective for a Tank.
    The Shield of Reverence is probably designed as a Paladin shield, but it's only cosmetic, so doesn't really matter.
    It's just a flowery, poetic name to entice consumers.

I dunno why Wings of Reverence seems weird when the name and image both reflect the celestial winged mount pulling the caravan.

Since shields can be equipped as weapons, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there will be advanced shields that can be enchanted with weapon combos.
    But, I don't think that has been specifically confirmed yet.
  • So then if you collect all 5 Reverence pieces do you get a free halo or something cosmetic like that?  (I don't know if there's 5 reverence pieces, I'm just guessing)
  • haha I don't know, but I bet there will collectors trying to get a full set!
  • It's a cosmetic so just appereance ? given how each month there is a theme and knights are often associated with religion it's not very weird to call it a shield of reverence considering that they are 'holy' warriors :3
  • I always like the idea that shields should passively have a change to block range weapons that are non-magical unless the shield itself is enchanted to block magic. So a large tower shield would have a 40% chance to block arrows but you have a slower turn rate, while a buckler would have a 10% chance but it would be easier to dodge with. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    You will likely use a shield if you like blocking attacks.
    Although I wonder if parrying with weapon is a feature or not.  :naughty:

• They block :trollface: