Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Are the graphics and textures inconsistant?

I was just checking out some gameplay videos from PAX East recently and couldn’t help but think.. hmmm this doesn’t look as good as it did when they were showing off the freehoild housing system?  Back then I remember thinking how absolutely gorgeous and realistic the game looked.  But in the recent gameplay videos, i thought the game looked completely different.  Almost too colourful and more “cartoony”.  The graphics didn’t seem to impress me as much as they did before.  Is it just me or did the graphics change from the day they showed the freehold houses?  

Comments

• Options
    Theres lots of different biomes.
  • Options
    Well to be fair it is in pre-alpha and a lot of things are being worked on dally 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    ^^What Nagash stated. 
    It’s Pre-Alpha. Not even Alpha 1 yet. Let alone Alpha 2, Beta 1, or Beta 2. The point at the moment is to mainly work on game mechanics. Polishing comes later. 
  • Options
    I believe a year from now you should give it a look and I bet you'll see improvement, and then closer to launch even more.  Eye candy is usually applied after all the hard work of mechanics are done.
  • Options
    Too early to be concerned with such things. Patience.