Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Difficulty & Stats?

How hard will this game for different classes, reaching a higher level and obtaining decent items?
I'm fairly casual and as much i like purchasing level based armor and weapons for added stats is this going to be fairly lax in that camp or do you have to go full on with whole sets.  

Comments

• Options
    We don't know anything about how gear will boost stats, class abilities or other character attributes.
  • Options
    I betcha gear will be an essential part of this game that you can obtain through ingame currency or crafting :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    Purchasing lvl based Armor.
    Ok that can have some severe negative consequnces. Just reading that made my alarm go off inside my head.

lvl based armor is fine as long as it's reasonably easy to attain to a degree. However a few things I have seen in the history of mmos. They start off innocent enough and you get some good practical gear. Next thing you know you get gear that just has few stats here in there that you can only attain in the store market. Then it's gear that you purchased that would be extremely hard to get in the game. Now it's the whole set of  gear you can only purchase in the store market. So why not add some gems to and it becomes a p2w cluster (beep). Just keep it cosmetic because that's some dangerous territory honestly. 
  • Options
    You will be able to trade and purchase most anything in game. They have very little BoP planned, almost everything will be unbound with degradation. Stats come from gear (confirmed). Everything you buy in the cosmetic store will not have stats or affect gameplay beyond Fashion of Ashes emergent play. They are cosmetic skins, not actual gear.

• Options
    You will be able to trade and purchase most anything in game. They have very little BoP planned, almost everything will be unbound with degradation. Stats come from gear (confirmed). Everything you buy in the cosmetic store will not have stats or affect gameplay beyond Fashion of Ashes emergent play. They are cosmetic skins, not actual gear.

I know but I have been burned by so many promising they won't I get very skeptical ( for good reason) but I do feel he will hold to his word.
  • Options
    Steven is God.