Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

1 Castle and 3 Guilds......Who gets the castle?

I don't know if this is a good or bad problem, but I see a problem brewing.

#1 when the game goes live, there will be 5 castles in the world, and each castle will have a NPC master with it's minions.

So 1st you need to beat the NPCs of that castle.

So here is the problem. Good or bad.

One have one 1 castle, and lets just say 3 guilds put it on the their cross hairs to take.

Who gets the castle once the NPC is beaten?

Guild #1 has 150 members, of which 100 join the raid.

Guild #2 has 100 members, of which 65 join the raid.

Guild #3 has 300 members, of which 130 join the raid.

Each guild can add non-members to help them.

again who gets the castle?

Comments

• Options
     No one knows but the devs.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Yea, we don't know the specifics but it will probably be based off contribution, like who did the most damage to the final objective. 
  • Options
    Yea, we don't know the specifics but it will probably be based off contribution, like who did the most damage to the final objective. 

That would make since, but if that's the case, it's going to be a big numbers game. Maybe it will be what Guild holds the most areas of the castle, that would break down the numbers in the final battle of the castle boss. You have to control so many rooms, and take the finally boss. But the re-spawns in those rooms will be nuts I bet. You can't just have people standing around doing nothing.
  • Options
    I don't think it's just going to be a numbers game.
    The perks should be a factor as well, but we need to know what the are.
  • Options
    It's obvious while they are all fighting and dying for a piece of rock I will come in like the carrion bird and take whats mine castle and bodies all ^^ problem solved 
  • Options
    Who gets the castle?
    The guild strong enough to take it from the others, I assume.
    Or the richest.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    suggestion wouold be to have the attackers gain control of the throne room and play king of the hill for 10 minutes by keeping their clan leader alive and or plant a banner and protect it.  while this is happening the defending clan can have closer respawn within the castle walls from quarters or towers nearby.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    He went into this in detail in the Aggelos livestream. There is a declaration window where the guild that is declaring can use its banner. First come, first serve. The banner needs to be crafted in several parts by multiple master craftsmen and will require a significant timesink and resource allocation by the guild to craft. The guild leader of that guild or one other proxy he designates are the only two people that have to make it to the final checkpoint of the siege, and once there can begin a 3-5 minute channel. If they are successful, that guild leader gains control of the castle and the 3 nodes till it is next sieged.
    So if you see someone else showing up at the banner placement point at the designated time. Looks like you and them gonna be fighting to see who gets to declare that month. Then you get to do the siege.
    Don't like my explanation? Watch for yourself.
    https://www.theaocdungeon.com/threads/interview-with-steven-sharif-from-the-ashes-episode-42-steven-returns-dungeon-crawler-network.83/
  • Options
    He went into this in detail in the Aggelos livestream. There is a declaration window where the guild that is declaring can use its banner. First come, first serve. The banner needs to be crafted in several parts by multiple master craftsmen and will require a significant timesink and resource allocation by the guild to craft. The guild leader of that guild or one other proxy he designates are the only two people that have to make it to the final checkpoint of the siege, and once there can begin a 3-5 minute channel. If they are successful, that guild leader gains control of the castle and the 3 nodes till it is next sieged.
    So if you see someone else showing up at the banner placement point at the designated time. Looks like you and them gonna be fighting to see who gets to declare that month. Then you get to do the siege.
    Don't like my explanation? Watch for yourself.
    https://www.theaocdungeon.com/threads/interview-with-steven-sharif-from-the-ashes-episode-42-steven-returns-dungeon-crawler-network.83/

So in a nutshell, if you have 3 guilds coming there at the same time, it will turn ugly fast, and it's last man standing?
  • Options
    Yep, you would need all 3 guilds to have crafted a time sink item, carry it to the the declaration point, and then duke it out when the timer is about to pop. Going to be lots of backstabbing going on and last minute betrayals. Which is all well and good. For something that gives metro level benefits and royal mounts, it should be an epic slog fest to even get on the board to attempt it. Realize there is no fast travel, so everyone from the guilds are going to have to be basically hanging out in the same area, none of this "We have declaration in one hour, everyone group up for port to leader so we can defend him while he channels the declaration banner placement!" People from interested, competing guilds are going to be playing whack-a-mole with each other to keep numbers down.
  • Options
    Is this about math? Whoever strikes the killing blow I'd guess.
  • Options
    Yep, you would need all 3 guilds to have crafted a time sink item, carry it to the the declaration point, and then duke it out when the timer is about to pop. Going to be lots of backstabbing going on and last minute betrayals. Which is all well and good. For something that gives metro level benefits and royal mounts, it should be an epic slog fest to even get on the board to attempt it. Realize there is no fast travel, so everyone from the guilds are going to have to be basically hanging out in the same area, none of this "We have declaration in one hour, everyone group up for port to leader so we can defend him while he channels the declaration banner placement!" People from interested, competing guilds are going to be playing whack-a-mole with each other to keep numbers down.

Sounds like fun. I will try to be there as an independent. That way I can record the fight for the in game news network. lol

• Options
    Granthor said:

Sounds like fun. I will try to be there as an independent. That way I can record the fight for the in game news network. lol

make sure you get my good side ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    How about letting the Guildmasters do some diplomacy to try to convince the others to leave them the castle? You'd need all Guildmasters to agree on who gets the castle. And if they can't agree, war it is.
  • Options
    I'm going to assume the leading guild of the castle will be whichever Guild initiated the siege on the Castle, that seems to make the most sense.
  • Options
    Pretty much whoever has the bigger zerg
  • Options
    @makinoji I think those that try traditional zerg mechanics that they have gotten used to for lazy pvp in games like ESO are going to be making some hilarious livestream videos and much rage will be spewed once they realize the game has full collision. Nothing better than watching people bumping off of each other and trying to fire aoe through people to only have it be blocked by their friends who are clustered in a knot. While neither of us can talk about our experiences in A0 yet, there are plenty of instances of A0 footage officially released showing the developers doing stuff like bouncing off each other and falling to their death at chokepoints and other examples for people to look at.

• Options
    In the given scenario, all three guilds initiate the siege on the Castle.