Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How I hope and envision the summoner/fighter, fighter/Summoner class to be.

These are how I am hoping the class combination will turn out like.

Being able to summon magical weapons to attack your opponent with as your primary way of combat, or having a sword you fight with augmented with magical swords that you can use to assist you in your fights. Pinning foes down with blades, encircling them with them before plunging down at one point, and so on. Maybe even literally sword fighting from a distance.

What are your thoughts on this?

I really think it would be a unique and fun addition to the roster.

Comments

• Options
    I really like the idea and the artwork really does show off your idea ^^
  • Options
    The third image...
    Image result for gilgamesh gate of babylon gif
  • Options
    The question is.do you have enough to kill a legion of undead?

• Options
    I don't think undead can be killed any more than they already have been.
  • Options
    That could easily fit with Fighter/ Summoner. I'd already thought of that this one - but couldn't find any images. Nice to know great minds think alike  o:)

@TricksyKitsune

• Options
  • Options
    I imagine the fighter/summoner will have phantom strikes with summoned weapons after using abilities. Like they'll go in for a strike or a rush and there could be a phantom or afterimage that does the same strike for a partial damage. Not a lot I can think of because as a fighter-main there doesn't seem to be much to work with.

Summoner/fighter might summon animated weapons that could autonomously attack. Maybe they have different summons that do different things. Like a sweeping strike that will knock down an enemy every 15 or 20 seconds. A claymore that will do a heavy hit every 10 seconds. A war-hammer that will crush armor every 10 seconds. ETC... then you'll have a limited action bar to specialize how you want your combat to go.

IDK those are my minimal imagination ideas.
  • Options
    Yea. I was thinking that the main fighter could have shorter and more minimal uses of summoned/phantom swords. Like making a sword strike and if the person you swung at just dodged they need to dodge again because a second phantom sword would come down. Maybe the swordsman could send out a few swords meant completely reduce cast times by multiple smaller weak strikes instead of just stunning( have to be fast and judge well if they using a instant or spell with cast time to make it work well), pinning them down with sword shot to the ankle or to finish off a runner. Maybe to add to the phantom strikes, You would have abilities meant for massive burst if they hit, swing hit and it does 3-5 extra phantom strikes that are strong. Maybe some homing swords that come in a small 2-4 group that chase the player and fights them or anyone in a direction cone while you head in to fight with them. Kinda like boosting your man power, but far more limited in nature with very little control, they could just be spawned during use of other abilities to strike nearby things acting as aoe or extra strikes on single people just depending on use and time.

My thoughts for the fighter/summoner is that they would be able to make themselves seam like more than just one person is fighting you in melee combat. Like making multiple phantom swords/people/esc... that make you seem like more than one, and thus able to do much burst or sustain as a single person, or harass in ways that only a group normally could because of the summoner aspect of summoning other things to assist.

Then the summoner/fighter would be one that can harass from afar with magical swords that he can summon around him in numbers. Maybe automatically attacking those in range, maybe shooting a hail of them, encircling for a rain from all directions, fighting as minions at melee as if your a fighter fighting them in melee but doing so from afar, and all types of interesting stuff. Making them more like a ranged melee class ? lol idk how to explain it exactly though...
  • Options
    I like @AutumnLeaf 's Gilgamesh image, a fighter summoning weapons like that would be amazing! especially if you can use specific weapons that you have acquired throughout your adventures!
  • Options
    I think it's more likely going to be the Wild Blade summoning many blades, while the BladeCaller is more likely to summon one powerful blade.