Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summer Funding Push 2.0

Will there be a new one?  I just discovered this game and am a little bummed that I can only support this early by shelling out $75 for the lowest level of rewards.
I would love to get in on some goodies and would love just as much if the Devs would have more money in their pockets for new content before release.

Comments

• Options
    I would not expect to see any additionally crowd funding such as KickStarter or the Summer Sale as Intrepid has stated these would not be offered again. The current in store package selections do have multiple tiered offerings as you had stated. I know that one of our fine wiki members likely have the exact quote handy from Steven on this question from a previous discussion. They might share that as I am working from a mobile device atm and do not have it handy ...
  • Options

• Options
    Thanks, that's a bit of a bummer.  Thanks for the full and complete response though :)
  • Options
    Well it would be a bit unfair if they did a summer funding once more since it is considered exclusive to those who bought it at that time, new members will just have to get the Intrepid packs for now.
  • Options
    Well it would be a bit unfair if they did a summer funding once more since it is considered exclusive to those who bought it at that time, new members will just have to get the Intrepid packs for now.
    As someone that refuses to back anything as early on in it's cycle as the kickstarter and summer funding campaigns for AoC, I have to say that I do agree. Anything listed as exclusive or unique in either campaign shouldn't ever be offered again.

However, anything not listed as exclusive or unique is, in my opinion, fair game to be put up for sale again.
  • Options
    True, I wouldn't mind a SECOND event with different items.  I'm sure many people wouldn't mind that.

How many people are looking/have looked and got bummed that they "missed out"
  • Options
    The issue is drawing the line between how much they need and how much they want. Offer too many open source crowd funding events and suddenly people are claiming it's a money grab, greedy, and adds to scope creep because of new exclusive offerings.

If you don't do yearly open source crowd funding events everyone that missed out on the first one(s) claims a level of unfairness.

There is a line somewhere that needs to be drawn, and IS has to choose it carefully.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    The issue is drawing the line between how much they need and how much they want. Offer too many open source crowd funding events and suddenly people are claiming it's a money grab, greedy, and adds to scope creep because of new exclusive offerings.

If you don't do yearly open source crowd funding events everyone that missed out on the first one(s) claims a level of unfairness.

There is a line somewhere that needs to be drawn, and IS has to choose it carefully.
    Isn't that what they are doing offering these monthly packages?  At least that was my thinking.
  • Options
    There is a difference between that initial push for operating cash to get things going without needing to sap the reserves of your fully-funded investors, and then there is coming off as scummy and passing the hat again, because basically crowdfunding is passing the hat.

Everyone knows that I'm "that guy" and I have literally no problem saying what's on my mind.  I do this everywhere because not only do I refuse to accept poor customer service, I will never expect it.  

Kickstarter was their crowdfunding.  The summer backer program was for the people who had issues with Kickstarter and using their foreign credit cards.  Truthfully, I think it was a nice gesture to do the summer backing thing since you don't want to alienate a portion of your population.

Now, you are passed crowdfunding.  The monthly pack sales accomplish 2 things:

1) they put money in the coffers
    2) it is a continually gauging and census of how many people to expect at the party.

Yeah it sucks, because I missed the Kickstarter and the summer backer because of personal stuff even though I've been following the game since 2016.  However, that's life, its one of those things.  

Good judgement comes from experience.....and experience comes from bad judgement.