Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Reaction to a Caravan Raid

Today I bought a forest wagon camouflage. Hypothetically, a normal caravan of a dozen wagons are caught in a pass or crossing a river by bandits. Obviously, the first two wagons charge ahead and the last two wagons turn back. Right?  The other eight fend for themselves ripe with booty.  I suggest there are outposts of the dominant mode to either preclude or deal with such an incident. This may be part of the node leadership or progression?  So ... what are the benefits of buying wagon cosmetics?  Have player leaders thought about pony express mid stations that can assist caravans?  Enquiring minds want to know. Thank you.

Comments

• Not 100% sure where your scenario came from or how accurate it might be.
    However, if a Caravan is raided by bandits (PC or NPC) the goal would be to run together or fight back. What good is separating? You divide your defensive forces and allow the enemy to heal/buff if they have an initial success before coming after you.

As for turning around, I don't know what good that would do since you have to pre-plan your routes. I guess if you can turn around, go back to where you started, and plan a new route that would be okay. If I was one of the caravans you abandoned, I wouldn't caravan with you again.

Freeholds w/ taverns could possibly function as outpost, depending on how close to the road we can build (obviously not overlapping it). As for Outpost that are build along the road manned by NPC's, I am initially against this. Transporting your goods is suppose to be about risk vs reward, so adding outpost to discourage PvP or unfairly assist in PvP seems to take some risk away. Also, if you plan all your routes along the outpost, there's a good chance that's where raiders will plan theirs.

As for the benefits of buying cosmetics, there are None. Otherwise P2W exist. Why does there always need to be a benefit?
  • Caravans run automatically between Nodes.
    You can't turn them around after being attacked.
    I don't know what the pre-requisites are but seems unlikely that decoys will be possible. 

I'm not sure how the certificates are split among the wagons of a caravan - whether it's an even percentage across all wagons or whether some wagons could arrive 100% safe while others are destroyed or such that some wagons with few-to-no resources could act as a kind of decoy if the other wagons with the bulk of the resources arrive safely.

But the skins are just aesthetic cosmetics, for the most part.
    I can see how they could be used for some "cooperative RP" - like, directing attackers to focus on the Forest Wagon when making machinima or some other form of storytelling adventure/event.
  • Needs moar Bacon.....oops...I mean, needs more clarification.
  • You had me at "ripe with booty"
  • Karthos said:
    You had me at "ripe with booty"
    Ready the weights lads where going for a walk