Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

help me decide to buy the game

Hello I have been trying to find a new MMORPG to play and heard good reviews about ashes of creation and I want to try it out but for $75 I better ask some questions to make sure.
1- if I were to pay right now I can play in beta right now?
2- will our progress be erased before release?
3- is there plenty of pve content, mainly raids?
4-are you guys ass holes?.......KIDING!!! now serious how is the community so far?
5- if all of the above except 2 are yes any guild I can join? lol experienced mmorpg player here.

Comments

• Options
    1, Currently no its in pre-alpha, Alpha 1 will be released Q4 this year.
    2. All progress in alpha and beta will be wiped (possibly multiple times during each testing phase) (alpha 2 will be a persistent alpha though)

3. Yes they have talked about having PVE content "event raiding" and normal raiding. So plenty of opportunities for raiders.

4. the community as a whole are pretty helpful, but like any community there are trolls, or bad apples it comes with the territory. 

5. Yes there are great guilds out there Including my own guild "Mythic".
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, the game can't come soon enough I will be following the game close but I will not invest money at the moment cause I am really tight, what about your guild gundel? is it pvp or pve oriented or both? what is your focus?
  • Options
    Well first welcome to ashes Yeryva. As for to your questions I think what gendel said is spot on. I hope you enjoy the community as much as we do ^^  
  • Options
    Just to expand on what @gundel said, Alpha 2 is persistent, meaning the servers stay on.  That doesn't mean they don't get wiped occasionally still.
  • Options
    I don't think you have to purchase the game. The game is with a subscription, but dosen't require purchase, of what i remember reading/hearing some where
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    OP this game hasn't even went into Alpha One, there is so much development left on this game. The "reviews" are just the hype train. I myself am part of the hype train and hope that Steven and Intrepid create the game they set out to make in his image. I have no doubt that if the vision Steven has is followed we will have a fantastic  mmorpg.

The only way yo guarantee you're invited to beta is to spend the money

75$ is the beta 2 or the last phase phase of beta testing

In order to ensure you will be in the upcoming phase of testing aka Alpha One youd have to take the $500 option, I personally did that one since it comes with 1 year subscription  which is $180 value in its self. My.main reason for doing that option  is I wanted to help support the development of the game, if I was able to do more I would have but priorities.

Hope I helped.

Also ZERO pre launch date game progress will be carried over into the live servers. Everything  start fresh upon the launch of live servers
  • Options
    insomnia said:
    I don't think you have to purchase the game. The game is with a subscription, but dosen't require purchase, of what i remember reading/hearing some where
    That would be correct, you simply pay a sub to play, there is no box price.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    @yeryva So here is my two cents worth.  To start off with the community is fairly good. Yes there are ups and downs with it, but that is normal.  The DEV's are very open with how the progress with the game is going. I get the feeling that they will do a good job, but that is just guess only time will tell.  As for spending the money on the BETA, that is your call in the end.  Coming in now after the kickstarter is over I'd save your money till the release about 2 years from now and if you like the game spend it on the cash shop for things like monster coins, mounts, and costumes. If you are worried the game is anti pay to win so, don't fret about that.  If you feel you want to help the game and think spending the money is a good idea then do it, but you don't need to spend money to help out.  You can help with the game by posting ideas on the forums, going into discord and joining in on the topics, and just passing the word of the game on to your friends.  Those things are just as important as spending money.  As for guilds there is a forum just for that, also as I said before get to know the other people on discord. You have a long wait and plenty of time to meet people and form a guild.  My advice is to watch all the twitch and YouTube videos from ashes and content creators.  Be patient and wait to see how the game is developed before you spend your hard earned money, and join in on community discussions.  These is just my thoughts, but I'd rather be strait with you then just push you on the hype.
  • Options
    I don't often read walls of text, but when I do and they're good, I like people to know.
  • Options
    Sometimes it takes a wall to get your message across.