Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The truth about the community

So I been thinking, everyone here are part of a really great community.  The thing I was thinking about is how many of us are going to end up attacking, ambushing and stealing from each other when the game goes live.   Right now we all are talking like friends and building the game, but the truth is destroying what others build is a major feature of the game and a very important part of building the world.  Soon we all will be in competition and fighting each other.  I think we should all take a moment and raise are glasses to toast the common goal of working on the game now, and to the great battles we each have ahead of each other.  I myself am willing to salute the players who will be falling under my boots and those that will send me packing.  To all you brothers and sisters in arms I say here here and toast you. 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Such a heartwarming post. I will toast with you sir

• Options
    nagash said:
    Thanks I wasn't sure if anyone would truly understand what i am getting at.  Today we shall drink and laugh together, for tomorrow we will cross blades in the tides of war that is the true honor and glory best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    nagash said:
    Thanks I wasn't sure if anyone would truly understand what i am getting at.  Today we shall drink and laugh together, for tomorrow we will cross blades in the tides of war that is the true honor and glory best of luck to you.
    In the end we are all part of the ashes community and even when we fight we will end up after in a pub somewhere sharing war stories while the bard play.
  • Options
    I'll drink to that!
  • Options
    A very heartfelt, "Cheers!".
  • Options
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    tugowar said:
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
    Die and be Assimilated  

-Nagash 
  • Options
    Here's to the great friendships, the big betrayals, the bards regaling tales of love and war.  May we all have great stories to tell around the fire, and someone to keep us warm at night. Here! Here!
  • Options
    I will drink to that
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Here's to the great friendships, the big betrayals, the bards regaling tales of love and war.  May we all have great stories to tell around the fire, and someone to keep us warm at night. Here! Here!
    Well said another round for us all cheers !
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ahh betrayals will be the most enjoyable part of this game. Schemes within schemes. Here's to never having a 100 friends but never truly having one. Y'all are nothing but targets and i will stab you in the back.  ;)

Even the dead cannot avoid betrayal @nagash o:)o:)o:)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ahh betrayals will be the most enjoyable part of this game. Schemes within schemes. Here's to never having a 100 friends but never truly having one. Y'all are nothing but targets and i will stab you in the back.  ;)

Even the dead cannot avoid betrayal @nagash o:)o:)o:)
    That's where you are wrong I am the master of backstabbing these are just a fraction of things I have done ^^

• I Entombed my own brother alive and stole his wife and his throne
    • Turned his wife into a walking corpse and kept her that way for centuries.
    • I then tricking her into drinking the blood of her murdered son; who was also my nephew. After I said, I would never harm said nephew again.
    • I captured the spirits of my enemies and kept them in eternal torment. Good times ^^
    • I turned a whole tribe of my followers into ghouls because they annoyed my several times by asking me to give them a promised reward. you should have seen their faces
    • Corrupted the dragon's graveyard and created the zombie dragons as I needed a new mount
    • I use my vassals as tools in an incantation to make myself a magic set of armour I did compliment them for exceeding my expectations, but I was bored, so I devoured their souls anyway.

• Options
    My bard was in a town once ravished by disease and famine. Realizing the next important currency was going to be food he spent all his earnings on a warehouse and stockpiling food. When the town was recouping he sold food at artificially low prices and destroyed what few shops remained.

Later he made a deal with a demon, for a cost of 3 souls. The same town was hit by a natural disaster a few years later, after which everything was leveled. He needed a spot to build his next business, bigger and better. He found a couple families camped out in a really convenient location. So he had a local gladiator, known to hate evil, walk with him around town to help him lift things for destitute peasants.

When they came upon the site in question, he performed a sleight of hand to distract the gladiator and summoned a small imp in the middle of the campsite. He then quickly shouted, "look, demon worshipers."  Then convinced the gladiator to go wipe the lot, and he did. Several children escaped, until that night when my bard found them and executed 3 of them. Suddenly children were currency.

My bard then went on to build a large orphanage where the architecture from top to bottom was designed to make the whole building one large ritual circle. The goal was to sacrifice an entire orphanage for power.

What I am saying is 'here, here,' and all that to your toast now, but in the end, you will be currency and I will spend you or you'll be in my way and someone else will kill you.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Azathoth said:
    My bard was in a town once ravished by disease and famine. Realizing the next important currency was going to be food he spent all his earnings on a warehouse and stockpiling food. When the town was recouping he sold food at artificially low prices and destroyed what few shops remained.

Later he made a deal with a demon, for a cost of 3 souls. The same town was hit by a natural disaster a few years later, after which everything was leveled. He needed a spot to build his next business, bigger and better. He found a couple families camped out in a really convenient location. So he had a local gladiator, known to hate evil, walk with him around town to help him lift things for destitute peasants.

When they came upon the site in question, he performed a sleight of hand to distract the gladiator and summoned a small imp in the middle of the campsite. He then quickly shouted, "look, demon worshipers."  Then convinced the gladiator to go wipe the lot, and he did. Several children escaped, until that night when my bard found them and executed 3 of them. Suddenly children were currency.

My bard then went on to build a large orphanage where the architecture from top to bottom was designed to make the whole building one large ritual circle. The goal was to sacrifice an entire orphanage for power.

What I am saying is 'here, here,' and all that to your toast now, but in the end, you will be currency and I will spend you or you'll be in my way and someone else will kill you.
    oh that's so cute ^__^
  • Options
    Azathoth said:

:o
  • Options
    Who here believes that there will be actual hatred against other players due to the game? Don't get me wrong, that simply means that the game itself is meaningful, but will it get to the point where friendly banter and "roleplaying hatred" will cross into the position of true hatred against other alliances, groups, and opposers?
  • Options
    Who here believes that there will be actual hatred against other players due to the game? Don't get me wrong, that simply means that the game itself is meaningful, but will it get to the point where friendly banter and "roleplaying hatred" will cross into the position of true hatred against other alliances, groups, and opposers?
    I highly doubt there will be any actual that carries over from in-game, to RL.  Granted, I'm sure there will be disappointments, frustrations, and such, that will stem from open world pvp, guild battles, and castle/town sieges.  But, if a game ever begins to effect someone's life to the point of RL hatred, then it's time to click the "off" button.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:

That almost sounds like fun.  The only question I have is when your puny bards body is being slowly crushed under my heavy armored boot, and I am using the last remaining part of your lute as a tooth pick, do your cry's of anguish sound like notes that other bards can make in to a ballet of pain?  What would the title of it be? 'The Squeals of Azathoth", has a nice ring to it.  But until that soon to happen future comes true how about another drink? cheers !!!!
  • Options
    I love this community, even if I have never directly interacted with you. That being said. Try anything and I will go ballistic on your candy a@# 
    :)

*cheers*
  • Options
    I don't think the hate would be real. If a player is subjected to constant bullying before they get super bent out of shape they need to reach out to a GM/MOD. It's like sports right, you can hate the other team, but do you really hate the other players individually?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Agreed I don't think the hate would that bad, but there is always one or two who take things a bit far.  The thing that I think will happen will be the nerd rage videos, love me some of those.
  • Options
    Cheap said:
    So I been thinking, everyone here are part of a really great community... Right now we all are talking like friends and building the game
    Hmmm.. Yeah we are decent. Sarcastic and sceptic people like me are decreasing the average. ;)

And what it comes to friend part, i guess it little bit depends. General-, design- and mechanic forum parts are imo more about strong opinnions, arguments and different point of views, where you can see a lot of unfriendly behaviour. Elsewhere i guess its more calm and friendly. 
  • Options
    I think I'm a pretty nice guy.  I like to team up with people and help them, even strangers.  If I see someone in trouble I will go to their aid if I can.  I also like to help people who are lost and confused, and help them figure things out.  I like to make friends, not enemies.

BUT CROSS ME AND I WILL DESTROY YOU.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    tugowar said:
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
    Die and be Assimilated  

-Nagash 
    You can get more work out of them if they are alive ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Dorje said:
    nagash said:
    tugowar said:
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
    Die and be Assimilated  

-Nagash 
    well when they live they need to eat and sleep while the dead can work forever
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dorje said:
    nagash said:
    tugowar said:
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
    Die and be Assimilated  

-Nagash 
    well then they live they need to eat and sleep while the dead can work forever
    Ah so true. But don't the Dead need brains :) Well no sleep. You win lol
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Dorje said:
    nagash said:
    Dorje said:
    nagash said:
    tugowar said:
    Assimilate or die. 

- The Cohort
    Die and be Assimilated  

-Nagash 
    well then they live they need to eat and sleep while the dead can work forever
    Ah so true. But don't the Dead need brains :) Well no sleep. You win lol
    Give them a task and they will follow it without hesitation forever
  • Options
    @nagash I have to disagree with you.  One of my buddies was fond of using undead, we found out though trial and error that is just not worth the time.  First off skeletons are some of the dumbest undead there is, not only can they not do complex operations they are always some how cracking there bones which makes them break too easy.  Because of this you constantly have to rebuild them such a wast of time.  Zombies can do basic tasks but forget complex projects, we told them to build a hut once they didn't understand how to use nails or nailed themselves to the wood.   Also, while doing simple tasking if something alive runs by they do that food yell and go after it, which causes the rest to make the same noise and follow.  We lost many packs of them that way, it was just another waste of time.  I like to blacksmith zombies can't help at all I wanted them to stoke the furnace and they kept lighting themselves on fire.  If you want complex jobs done you need to make stronger and more intelligent undead, that alone costs way too much and they have annoying weakness.  Sunlight, water, hollow ground all have adverse effects on them.  Not to mention they need something to feed on life energy, blood, or meat.  Do you know how annoying trying to buy something from a merchant and your minion grabs the item and accidentally touches the merchant taking his life force and turning him into one.  That sucks because then you can't go shopping.  On top of all of that druids hate undead, most holy casters hate undead, and even goodie two-shoe adventures hate them.  You work force is always getting turned to dust, burned or hacked to pieces.  Long story short its just not worth it, the only thing they are good for is cannon fodder.
  • Options
    Image result for you cant handle the truth gif
  • Options
    @Cheap
    See this is why you use magic to raise part of their souls.  You see my undead are the corpses of dead heroes, warlords or master of other tradecraft that have been resurrected from their graves. You usually bind the bones to you and control each one individually but If you have used part of the original soul trapped within they will have control over their body while still being used by my will. This allows the Undead to fight my enemies with the skills and tools of their former life and not just stumble around like mindless undead from a lesser being. 

As for my undead breaking that does not happen as their bodies have decayed, leaving only bones. My undead are held together by magic so strong that it has endured for centuries reinforcing the bones to the point of steel even hits from clerics Warhammer bounce off as hitting a wall of iron.

I also make sure they wear their original gear as they feel a faint pride in wearing their old gear which protects them and makes them work harder. The only true way to kill a undead made by me is to "kill" myself or destroy the undead to a point where they are nothing but ashes and even then their souls can still be used as wraths. ^^