Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

treasure maps

i remember someone mentioned about the treasure maps in a podcast. i have an idea about it. when your city is under siege, there is a small time gap to decide if you rather keep your goods  in the city or use transport to sneak your stuff outside the city which make you vulnerable. you cant get too far because it is dangerous, so you purchase a treasure map to dig and hide your treasures in certain locations ( inside our near the city ). if the city is successfully destroyed, there is a time limit ( 24 h ) for players to find that treasure map. of course the treasure map itself have to stay within the city. and the owner of the treasure map have an option to defend it.
what do you guys think ?

Comments

• Options
    I am under the impression you don't lose personal resources/items during a siege, even if your freehold is destroyed.

If you want to add an option to hide your valuables, make a map of where they are, and then hide that map in the city (like your home/shop) where it can be looted, I see no problem with it. I don't think it should be mandatory.
  • Options
    Beyond just hiding your own stuff, if large nodes are destroyed, it would be very cool if quests to find lost treasure in destroyed cities sprang up after so long.
  • Options
    Maybe resources used by the node itself might be lost but personal resources could only be lost if your freehold was raided after a siege and it's not in some sort of bank/inventory.
  • Options
    What if you could find treasure from before we left Verra which has something to bost a node or a super rare crafting recipe 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    What if you could find treasure from before we left Verra which has something to bost a node or a super rare crafting recipe 
    Not that i have any proof but i'm fairly certain something like this will be in the game. Would be a huge missed opportunity to not add that