Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Small Group or Solo Dungeons?

I just learned about the game roughly a week ago and have been exploring the wikis, blogs and media that I can find. Today I was catching up on the February 9th stream that was uploaded to Youtube. In that stream a question was asked about open world/over world group content and how it looked like the hosts were plowing through anything outside of a dungeon. The response to the question was yes, which is exciting. However I'd like to tag a question to that:

Will there be content designed for small groups (2-3 players). In most games these days games almost demand that for group content you fill your group up to the max (often 5-6 players depending on the game) and have a perfect trinity (tank/healer/dps) combo. I plan on playing with my wife and daughter so we'd be a small group and we may not have all three of the major roles in our group. Will that hinder our ability to quest and explore or will we need to bring in outside help to max out our group and fill all the roles? Also will dungeons be just group content or will there be solo open world dungeons as well?

Thanks and I'm really enjoying researching the game and looking forward to 2020's eventual release (gives me time to buy 3 computers that can run this game lol).

Comments

• As the information given so far most content for dungeons, open world and instanced will be "balanced" for 8 person groups. There is plenty of promised content for solo and small group stuff also. Please remember that Ashes is a mixture of sandbox and themepark (themebox) so much of what you decide to do in any play experience will be up to you to figure out. Questing, exploring, crafting, gathering will all fall under the probably possible with smaller groups category. When you go to Disney you don't get to ride Pirates in a boat with just your family, you gotta sit with a bunch of people you don't know, cept' for having stood next to them in line for a couple hours. After the ride though you break back up into your family unit and go get ice cream.
  • When you go to Disney you don't get to ride Pirates in a boat with just your family, you gotta sit with a bunch of people you don't know, cept' for having stood next to them in line for a couple hours. After the ride though you break back up into your family unit and go get ice cream.
    This is true... but depending on play areas and time zones groups of people may not be available. My concern is less trying to be exclusive as your example implies and more along the lines of not having a full 8 people to work with, or not enough time to gather a group and wanting a quick play session of 30 to 40 minutes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯