Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the Summoner

Idea got me out of the blue... more of a request. To make each summoner a bit more unique.
I figure there won't be just one summon. As you get strongerr you get more summons.

What I am hoping, really hoping, is at each "tier" of summon you would have options. Like starting off your first summon wouldn't be just say, for example, a Goblin. No, you would get choices.
You have learned the right to summon
Goblin: Sword & shield
Imp: Spear
Pixie: Wand
Kobold: Crossbow
Orc: 2h Axe

Giving different playstyles and each with unique active or passive abilities they use while in or out of battle. 

PS: For all those who want Necro, choosing it would make all 5 into dead versions of themselves. Skeleton Goblin, Zombie Orc or Ghostly Pixie.

Comments

• Options
    The summoner is one of the must important classes to me in this game but if I was going to build be necro summon list it would be like this

Summon grave guard
    The Grave Guard, or Wights as they are sometimes called, are the Undead corpses of long-past heroes and warlords that have been arisen from their graves with a partial flicker of the original soul trapped within, allowing the Undead to fight the enemies of the Necromancer that raised them with the skills and tools of his former life

Summon a skeleton warrior form any corpses around you. For every ten levels, you may summon an additional grave guard

Summon table
    Rouges- grave guard assassin. Twin dagger with high crit but low health with stealth 
    Tank- grave guard spear and shield- heavy armour and tower shield but low damage
    Cleric - grave guard healer- Can heal undead or poison living enemies 
    Fighter- grave guard greatsword- high damage and high health but light armour 
    Ranger - grave guard crossbowmen - medium damage but can penetrate armour 

Ultimate Skill

Summon Wight king 
    Wight Kings were once ancient and immensely powerful warlords that had at one time occupied the lands of Verra. When imbued with dark magic, these ancient warlords rise from their crypts as Wight Kings, eyes glowing with unnatural life. 

You may summon a wright king to lead your troops into war. He has medium damage high armour and high health. Give a 5% reduction in all damage to all undead and the summoner 

this is my dream but its unlikely to ever happen 
  • Options
    I've recently been playing Divinity 2, and something I enjoy is when you summon something from an element on the ground, the summon takes on characteristics of that element. Summoning on fire creates a fire imp, for example. 

Perhaps something even like Diablo 2 where you summon Iron Golems from actual items, destroying the item, and the Golem takes on the properties of that item. I'd love to see something like that.

Something like this could create a market in the crafting world just for Summoners. You know those Summoners want that certain magical property on a sword, so you keep the ones you find or craft because you know it will sell. Could be fun!
  • Options
    I would like to be able to Summon a demon (of Verra's version of demonic) creature at various power levels. Also as a demon summoning Summoner being able to give the NPC that sells my wares a 1/2 demon skin would be epic.

Dreams though, they be happening...
  • Options
    Ah dang, in my original post, you don't get all 5 of those. You get to choose just one. Then several options for the tier 2 summon, so on and so forth.
  • Options
    im just hoping we as necro have a chance to summon game bosses after they die. lol
    its from the novel ( the legendary moonlight sculptor )
  • Options
    GodGear said:
    im just hoping we as necro have a chance to summon game bosses after they die. lol
    its from the novel ( the legendary moonlight sculptor )
    Like a Siege summon? Each summoner has to beat the boss to gain a 1 time summon item or charge type thing. Multiple summoners bring forth the boss to fight on their side giving a % of the boss's stats to the summoned version starting at like 40% and maxing at 100%.
  • Options
    yeah that would be epic.
  • Options
    was also thinking of having a minion version of the undead boss for yourself. not for siege
  • Options
    I hope they do something from Final Fantasy like a cool animation like we used to do with our summons in FFXI but that's just me..  Why is it FF always had the epic summons...  Oh and another thing to borrow from it is the trials, i don't know about you but the adrenaline from going into the trials to fight Shiva or Ramuh were one of the most exciting moments...  I really hope ashes finds its own way perhaps these trials could be in temples across different towns that are owned by different factions..  I mean  this is a great possibility and to be honest ...  I just hope they incorporate something similar.   I mean certain classes will have it easier than others but i really think an Enchanter facing say something like Item worlds (Disgaea anyone?) and coming out of this with not only learning how to +5 an item but perhaps some rare receipies not otherwise found in the world...  or going into a ruins and discovering artifacts to bring back to enchant... .... I got goosebumps thinking of the possibilities :P 
  • Options
    Imo summons like orc and others too close to playable classes should not be implemented and the focus should be more in animals, creatures, demons, undead and such.

I really like @Nagash idea of ultimate summon, which could be behind long cooldown and heavy cost. I would definitely like to see that.

I personally hope we dont just see summoner as pure permanent pet class. That should be in game ofc, but i would like to see variations in playstyles, where some summoners could be possessed and you can actually play that summon by yourself. Or those summons could be more like powerfull long lasting spells, which are not like spamable abilities.
  • Options
    I really like @Nagash idea of ultimate summon, which could be behind long cooldown and heavy cost. I would definitely like to see that.

That is the way i would like to see necros. I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.  Honestly, the opportunity to be a necromancer is the main reason why i purchased this game.  i would be stupid happy if they have something similar to what nagash said.
  • Options
    KingOelc said:

That is the way i would like to see necros. I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.  Honestly, the opportunity to be a necromancer is the main reason why i purchased this game.  i would be stupid happy if they have something similar to what nagash said.
    Yeah soon I will get everyone to play a necromancer and join the cult of the dead ^^
  • Options
    I just hope for something fresh and not the standard - Summon monster > wait in the back and support summon. 
    I thing something like summoning swords that fly twords enemies would be nice, basically something different from the standard.
  • Options
    honestly as summoner is support I imagine that you will not have an effective tank/dps for a party.  I imagine their pets will be more about dealing buffs/debuffs and CC than anything else, think succubus from WoW, or totems. I could be wrong, but as they are "support" it seems far more likely. 
  • Options
    How about have no support class ? rather, how about let all Archetypes have their own unique " support-features " ? @chaogoesmu

And why Pets ? 
  • Options
    honestly as summoner is support I imagine that you will not have an effective tank/dps for a party.  I imagine their pets will be more about dealing buffs/debuffs and CC than anything else, think succubus from WoW, or totems. I could be wrong, but as they are "support" it seems far more likely. 
    How about I support you to the overside of unlife  o:)  Minions support summoners control.
  • Options
    My wild guess is that summoner will be the most hybrid class of all. Maybe the starting point is to be 50/50 damage/support. Support can be buffing, debuffing, CC.

@chaogoesmu most likely the summoner/bard a.k.a. Enchanter will be somehow like succubus, but other class combinations are certainly something else. 

If summoner can be played very distractive way with lots of CCs, debuffs and combined to some damage (very annoying style), then that is definitely class for me. ;) Shadowmancer could be one option for this kind of playstyle.
  • Options
    I love reading all the ideas here. Some I agree with, some I don't, others are things I wouldn't have thought of myself and give birth to new ideas in my head.

So keep em coming!
  • Options
    I doubt any summoner would get more than 2 permanent summons. Mostly from a performance perspective. Like I could see summoning a bunch of small things temporarily but not just have like 5+ pets with you at all times.
  • Options
    Nope nope nope. I don't expect multi summoning. I want variety of choice. When you gain a summon you get to choose 1 out of several. That's my hope. 

I also hope that my stats either affect them or they have the ability to use gear and accessories. Those that don't tend to become useless at endgame because their static stats are balanced for everyday use on the overmap and small dungeons.