Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you like anime?

So I occasionally hear people say that a large amount of people in the ashes community like anime and I was wondering whether or not that's true.
BTW who else is pumped for hero academia season three. :) 

Comments

• Options
    I really like anime but it's so hard for me to focus on watching a show through.
  • Options
    It has to be 13 episodes, no more. No movies.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the recent Castlevania series thats for sure
  • Options
    Oh you are such a treat 
  • Options
    I love my DBZ and very very few other anime and by few i mean One Piece and Full Metal Alchemist. That be all, I just cant stand watching any other ones. Believe me I've tried my hardest to watch others, ones that ppl rave about like Attack on Titan. I just can't get into them.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for answering my poll it had been on my mind for a bit.
  • Options
    I am a big fan of anime. Just too many good ones to name. My faves is attack on titan and tokoyo ghoul (season 3 coming). 
  • Options
  • Options
    Like it enough if it's a series I have some interest in, prefer light novels though.
  • Options
    Like it enough if it's a series I have some interest in, prefer light novels though.
    I have to say i'm the same no matter the format books will always beat any other forms of media 
  • Options
    i mean ... anime is neat and all, but i only mention it whenever I'm trying to explain a bizarre idea. Sometimes other fictions tends to help in assist in that.
  • Options
    I enjoy a lot of different stuff Code Geass is prolly my favorite series, just finished Hikaru no Go and I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Anime tends to be fantasy or sci-fi, both things gamers tend to like. Find me a non military shooter/casual where there aren't a lot of anime fans and I'll be shocked.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Huge fan of anime!  Watched so many, I forgot what I've watched, till I watched them again, lol.  Though, I don't think I would be considered a "weeb/weeaboo", or an otaku. :p

edit:  I think my first anime was "Locke the Superman".
  • Options
    Huge fan of anime!  Watched so many, I forgot what I've watched, till I watched them again, lol.  Though, I don't think I would be considered a "weeb/weeaboo", or an otaku. :p

edit:  I think my first anime was "Locke the Superman".
    I am in the same boat to be honest. as for my first anime it was helling make of that as you will ^^
  • Options
    So I occasionally hear people say that a large amount of people in the ashes community like anime and I was wondering whether or not that's true.
    There arent many things in life that I am passionate about.. But Boku no Hero Academia is definitely life. It's the last remaining anime that excites me to watch. Sure, there a lot of really good anime out there.. But only Boku no Hero Academia gives me THOSE feels anymore.. Yeah, you know the feels I am talking about.. The same ones when you used to hear THAT beat kick in on Naruto ❤

Forget about season 3, BRING ON SEASON 100!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    So like Vapeing, Pokemon, League of Legends and XBox Live, its not so much that hate the product, it's that I hate the culture and people that surround it.

I enjoy enough anime to be considered "a fan" but it's not my be-all, end-all form of entertainment, it's not something I shape my life around, and it's not something I have made a significant part of my personality. 

It's a form of escapism, like gaming, so I get it. But I find nothing more annoying that someone who makes a huge deal out of something, then hates on me for not blindly sharing their opinion.
  • Options
    Anime is cool..  B)
  • Options
  • Options
    my profile avatar says yes :D
  • Options
    Fuck no, weebs make me sick! :trollface:
  • Options
    Flameh0t said:
    There arent many things in life that I am passionate about.. But Boku no Hero Academia is definitely life. It's the last remaining anime that excites me to watch. Sure, there a lot of really good anime out there.. But only Boku no Hero Academia gives me THOSE feels anymore.. Yeah, you know the feels I am talking about.. The same ones when you used to hear THAT beat kick in on Naruto ❤

I was actually so excited about season 3 ep 9 that after the cliffhanger. I couldn't wait anymore and ended up reading 20 chapters. And as expected they were awesome I mean now I'm gonna have to wait a month or two for the anime to catch up with me :( since i really like the anime. But at least the chapters were awesome :).
  • Options
    Flameh0t said:

I was actually so excited about season 3 ep 9 that after the cliffhanger. I couldn't wait anymore and ended up reading 20 chapters. And as expected they were awesome I mean now I'm gonna have to wait a month or two for the anime to catch up with me :( since i really like the anime. But at least the chapters were awesome :).
    That's why I don't participate in Manga reading. I personally consider it the same as reading a movie script.. Just nowhere near as exciting and it's spoilers for days. The anime is always worth the wait.
  • Options
    Depends on the anime.. guess im more into the more popular non-romancy things like Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, overlord, bit of one piece now and then. That kinda stuff.
    Prefer to read tho.
  • Options
    I havent watched as much anymore sadly.
  • Options
    >>>>>> NO 
  • Options
     I guess it's not so much anime itself that I like but the japanese culture of storytelling, mystisisms, symbolism and the language.
    I watch anime mostly because of the language, same reason I listen to japanese artists even tho I don't understand squat. It's just a beautiful and melodic language, that is incredible rich in subtle meaning. I am not exploring that part at all, just aware of it.

It's an extremely diverse medium tho, so you can always find something you never knew you could really use a little in your life right now. :  )