Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

When we are getting more information of the game?

When IS are going to reveal some more content and features of the game? There are so much topics people are hungry to know about. Here are some from my list:
  • More info about classes and class combinations. Fighter, rogue, summoner and bard are still not introduced and especially summoner and bard are ones we dont know basically nothing about.
  • Artisan system. What are the specific professions and how the system really works.
  • Where is node #3 video? ;)
  • I also want to know more about the lore and the main antagonist(s).
I am sure people are waiting lots of other things too, but these are top at my list. What are you waiting for the most to know next? I dont know about others, but i am personally getting really impatient. I think we need to know something so we can have new topics to discuss and speculate with. Thanks before hand IS.   

Comments

• My guess we will get some info in the early days of june 
  • Game has some time, maybe pre-Alpha 1 we can get a major update.
    Why is there a constant demand for more information?
    Releasing information on demand can lead to bad PR or over hyped expectations.
    Can we just chill and wait?
  • Closing in on Alpha 1, we just have to wait for the next stream where most info is given.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018

Steven-05/18/2018

@everyone Glorious Ashes Community, Id like to announce 2 new volunteer mods from the community, @Deadmansprice and @Alluring ♛ Please be nice to our volunteer community mod team  Additionally, our next Live Stream is June 4th! Look forward to seeing you there! Hope you all are well, much love from the team to you all!
    edited May 2018
    @UnknownSystemError Perhaps you should have bolded "next Live Stream is June 4th!"

Sure wish we had an underline option.
  • Done
    edited May 2018
    I'm waiting for Tulnar but am also interested in class information and the weapon progression system.
  • I'd like to know more about world economics and the movement of information through taverns and such. I expect a lot of info by the time A1 rolls around so a couple of months for some real juice i'd say
  • Azathoth said:
    Can we just chill and wait?
    No.  ;)
  • I'd like to know a bit more about the Player Races, but I have patience.
  • I already know the only thing that really matters to me - I'll be playing on day 1.

• Steven-05/18/2018

Additionally, our next Live Stream is June 4th! 
    Okay, lets hope there will be something good and new. Best part is that this day is not far away.
    Azathoth said:
    Game has some time, maybe pre-Alpha 1 we can get a major update.
    Why is there a constant demand for more information?
    Releasing information on demand can lead to bad PR or over hyped expectations.
    I would not say constant demand and at least from my part. Also if we dont get any interested information for long time, it will definitely kill the hype. It just messages that all the promised frames have not got any content. 
  • Please be more lore, Please be more lore, Please be more lore
  • from the info drop of pax, we wont be seeing the other 4 classes till A2 (rogue,fighter,summoner,bard) So I dont believe we will see this until that time or just before.I think its more reasonable to see more of the systems they are currently working on, (nodes,alliances,guild systems) maybe racial freeholds of the dwarf, orc and other of the sub-races that havent been seen yet. I think that is all reasonable to see in the next few months leading up 2 A1.
  •                                                     
  •                                                     
    Patience is not my virtue. 
  • Im trying to respond but everything i type is coming off pretty harsh to the OP so im just gonna say this.

Be Patient.

• Be patient they said. Wait for june 4th to get answers Ferryman..

And what we got? Nothing new and interesting. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Be patient they said. Wait for june 4th to get answers Ferryman..

We got a new mount ^^I shall call him Duke Shellington the Intrepid one
  • nagash said:
    Ferryman said:

Ok that is good if people are satisfied with some cosmetics. But i am personally more interested of new mechanics and designs.
  • Ferryman said:
    nagash said:
    Ferryman said:

Ok that is good if people are satisfied with some cosmetics. But i am personally more interested of new mechanics and designs.
    Well, we found out that weapons can be upgraded and have their own skill tree. We found out that we can hire NPC and run businesses like pubs. Mind you it's not much but they were showing the siege system and some of the new locations as well.
  • They are showing us what they have.  You can't be shown what they haven't developed enough to be shared.  They are way ahead of what past developers were able to do because of advancements in technology.  Give them time to build a good game.  Did you post your questions in the forum section for the Live Stream?
  • We got an acknowledgement for the first time that they skip questions that they either don't want to provide answers for, or themselves don't have answers for and don't want to "riff it." A huge treat for the corruption people with the statement of corruption reduction/removal possibly through religious quests instead of death being the only mechanic. And don't forget, floating sperm pets.
  • Also learned a little about weapon progression and how it's another way to advance your character.
  • I know @Ferryman, and others (including myself), are anxiously awaiting any new tidbit of news concerning Ashes.We all have questions about the lore, classes, mechanics (nodes), etc.  And, the latest podcast shed very little new light, except to go over previously discussed subjects. 

I believe the reason for this is because the team and IC has been working hard on getting the core of their game where the want it to be, before they go into any details.  That includes nodes, classes, and all that stuff.  Steven is trying to walk a very fine line between total transparency, and inviting a @#!% show, by perhaps revealing too much, too soon. 

Other than updates to the blogs, I wouldn't hold my breath for any substantive lore reveals.  Steven has said that he intends to keep most of that close to his chest, and have the players experience the story through playing the game, as opposed to dropping potential spoilers.  We'll probably get just enough lore to give the world context, but not much beyond that, imo.

In addition, I like @CylverRayne's post, about fruit.  :)
    edited June 2018
    Steven this morning (for me) on Discord corrected some misinformation:
          No crouch
         Freeholds need certificates from level 3+ nodes to lay down a plot; all structures will need blueprints and materials.
         Back and belt slots have appearances chosen by the players' priority.

See, some riffs did happen.  :pensive: 

• The recent stream was lack luster to say the least.Nothing new..no info about classes or combinations thereof or secondary slots. Questions and answers I have heard repeatedly for the last year. Horses confirmed.(and a little DAOCish I might add)
  • A huge treat for the corruption people with the statement of corruption reduction/removal possibly through religious quests instead of death being the only mechanic. And don't forget, floating sperm pets.
    We've known for about a year that death was not the only mechanic for removing Corruption. I don't think we had any specifics of what the other methods might be.
    More is usually good, though.
  • @Dygz Small quibbling point. We had unconfirmed knowledge of other mechanics being kicked around, nothing confirmed to the point we got from this last livestream. Now every pvp corruption thread (and there are sure to be more before it is released) will have those saying "they added a quest removal mechanic, they could still decide to let us afk in our house to let corruption degrade!" Until they finally quit trying to keep every camp happy and just say "This is the way it is going to be!" the he said this/he didn't say this round and round "discussions" are going to continue.
    edited June 2018
    Those "it might get added" arguments will continue until Launch.
    Maybe even after that!  :smile: