Thank you to all who participated in our August 20 play test! If you joined in, please remember to leave your feedback and bug reports on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/apoc-bug-reports
Trade and local economy
I was watching some videos on AoC and it seems that (at this point) there will not be a World Auction House, just local ones...assuming they are available once a town get's to a certain level/growth.
This Leads into the transport system (caravans) to move goods between Towns.
A few of questions I have regarding this.
- I have read that the caravans will be attack able. I assume Guards can be hired/trained to protect the caravans? or is this mechanic aimed at guild groups protecting them?
- if its aimed at guild protection...will this lead to large guilds controlling the economy/market values in large popular cities by stopping the competition using the Markets in their chosen cities?
- If large guilds are controlling cities do they also get a tax paid to them?
- Will the Caravans be the only way to transport good between towns or is there other mechanics?
- How easy is it going to be to steal a Caravans Goods?