Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Combat System in Ashes of Creation

Hello Ashes Team and the Community, how are you today? smile

today i watched some Videos in Youtube about Ashes of Creation again, and this Game looks amazing! Good Job for this smile

The Reason for this topic is, i want to talk about the Combat system, i think this a big point in this game. in the videos i saw the combat in AoC looks kinda slow and with Tab targeting.

i played Blade and soul for years, and there you had a action combat system with a little aiming lock system, i think people who played BnS know what i mean. The combat system was not hard, not slow, it was pretty ok in my opinion. But Quitted BnS because it was boring. but the combat system was pretty good.

today after watching videos in youtube, i saw a video about black desert, and saw a pvp video and the combat system (i never played black desert and i cant say much about it) and i only want to talk about the combat system too.
i dont know its allowed to put a youtube video link here but i want to show you the combat system, it looks even better than in Blade and soul, i saw the combat system and its crazy and awesome, effects, animations nearly everything in combat looks perfect even the characters. (no im not a fanboy of this game, just like i said i never played it)

BUT is it possible that Ashes of Creation can also get such a combat system? if yes i think this game will break every mmorpgs for ages! smiley

feel free to comment your opinions and give feedback for devs, lets make this game great! smiley

Comments

• While it is great to be excited for Ashes, there are a couple things you should know about the combat system you have seen in those videos. All of the combat shown so far has been a very early iteration that is placeholder for what is to come over the next six months. There have been multiple mentions in the last couple months that A0 footage of combat does NOT reflect the combat that is being developed on internal servers and will be revealed at a later date and tested in A1P1. Once those new, shiny features and style of combat are rolled out to the masses, then will be the time for "I think this was the bestest game eva, with the bestest combat, so to make Ashes the bestest, you should do it this way!!!" feedback. They have concentrated so far in making the technical server backend that was promised even though they used UE4 a reality, and so far all indications is that they are on track. Combat is being worked on right now, so you have a long, hot summer in the northern hemisphere to suffer through before you will get your combat reveal.
  • While it is great to be excited for Ashes, there are a couple things you should know about the combat system you have seen in those videos. All of the combat shown so far has been a very early iteration that is placeholder for what is to come over the next six months. There have been multiple mentions in the last couple months that A0 footage of combat does NOT reflect the combat that is being developed on internal servers and will be revealed at a later date and tested in A1P1. Once those new, shiny features and style of combat are rolled out to the masses, then will be the time for "I think this was the bestest game eva, with the bestest combat, so to make Ashes the bestest, you should do it this way!!!" feedback. They have concentrated so far in making the technical server backend that was promised even though they used UE4 a reality, and so far all indications is that they are on track. Combat is being worked on right now, so you have a long, hot summer in the northern hemisphere to suffer through before you will get your combat reveal.
    yes we have no other choise to drink coffee and wait :smiley: