Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

So how will the marriage system work?

So my friend told me that there is a marriage system in the game, And i'm very curious on how it will work. Can someone tell me more about how it will work? 

Comments

• So far we know that there is mixed-sex marriage and spices marriage as well apart from that we don't really know much 
  • So far any benefit/disadvantage to being married has not been clarified. Most likely will not be an in-game benefit to it. Anyone can marry any other individual, however there will not be multiple gender pronouns.
  • PLEASE please please no more additional unnecessary bonuses to add to the crap ton of bonuses peeps be looking for every week on the forums.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    There's a good chance that in game, if a marriage breaks up, they get half your inventory.
  • Will there be marriage Councillors and Lawyers? a Prenup? 
  • Azurl said:
    Will there be marriage Councillors and Lawyers? a Prenup? 
    I was thinking more on the line of a Divorce party event once every 6 months.
    edited June 2018
    It will work by doing whatever the wife wants so you can be at peace. Happy wife happy life. 
  • Being married could have an impact on land ownership and plots of land.
  • Being married could have an impact on land ownership and plots of land.

One freehold per account. They have placement restrictions, so just because you're Mormon or Muslim and try to marry multiple people, doesn't mean you are going to get more land. Freeholds are one size fits all. You can coordinate with you spouse as to what to build on each freehold, but you could basically do that with any character whether married or not. Note "proximity zones to other plots"

• Sintu said:
    It will work by doing whatever the wife wants so you can be at peace. Happy wife happy life. 
    This I can agree with 
  • nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    This I can agree with 
    That's a good thing!  I'd hate to see a frying pan swung at your skull.   You'd end up gravel in a fish tank!
    edited June 2018
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    This I can agree with 
    That's a good thing!  I'd hate to see a frying pan swung at your skull.   You'd end up gravel in a fish tank!
    there are few things that worry me anymore but she is one of them ^^
    edited June 2018
    Now if i can get my wife to play she will be also entitled to my in game money, sweet how awesome.............
  • I am wondering what kinds of skins will be available for marriage purposes and how extravagant we can make the ceremony. 
  • Fantmx said:
    I am wondering what kinds of skins will be available for marriage purposes and how extravagant we can make the ceremony. 
    Make it big. And be sure to advertise it server wide. We have it confirmed that there won't be safe spaces like instances for events. So expect a "red wedding" and dress appropriately.
  • Would it be like FF14 where being married just grants you nifty mount skins and a title? I would suggest teleporting but seeing as thats going to be limited.
  • Fantmx said:
    I am wondering what kinds of skins will be available for marriage purposes and how extravagant we can make the ceremony. 

For those of you that oppose this wedding speak now or forever hold your peace.   *someone in the background starts killing people....*
  • Too much RP, but options are good. I just hope there are no benefits to marriage at all, just let it be something to feed to the RPers
    edited June 2018
    you get married..

have an argument about who actually killed the dragon

you get divorced because you couldnt come to an agreement about the whole dragon thing and she is pissed ! that you would claim to have killed the dragon and not credit her AND she didnt tell you she was still pissed and seething and just said "nothing" when you asked what was wrong for months. 

she gets half of everything you own including the enchanted gear even though SHE'LL NEVER WEAR IT! 

you pay huge alimony  for the rest of your miserable life so she can keep up the lifestyle she was accustomed to.

she gets the castle and the pets

you get to live in a van down by the river  and die a lonely hungry Dragon slayer..

accurate ?

:/   
  • Wow, not all marriages would end in divorce but I am glad it is a topic that is being considered here.
  • Too much RP, but options are good. I just hope there are no benefits to marriage at all, just let it be something to feed to the RPers
    There is no such thing as "too much RP" 
    Eh I don't really give a shit if they have advantages. If your so antisocial that you can't find one person in game to help take advantage of the perks, then why are you playing an MMO?
  • I wonder if there will be more males then females :worried:
  • zazukeys said:
    I wonder if there will be more males then females :worried:
    If there are perks, you just merry your buddy for the benefits. It's a game. Fraud doesn't exist. 
  • zazukeys said:
    Doesn't matter.

• It only works 40% of the time. The rest of the time it ends in divorce.
  • zazukeys said:
    Doesn't matter.

I just hope i will be able to get a wedding cake made.
  • ^It would be nice for the cook skill tree to be able to find different tiers of wedding cakes.
  • So polygamy allowed or nah ? ;)
  • So polygamy allowed or nah ? ;)
    NAUGHTY !! ... yet intriguing.