Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will Alpha 1 will only be a test of systems ?

I am right now testing another MMO that is at Pre - Alpha while waiting to get access to this game . IMO this is the MMO I really want to dig my time into. 

Btw before I start I know 250$ saying you get access to alpha 2 but when you click on details it only state access to Beta 1 and Beta 2. 

So back to the alpha 1 access . I assume only testing systems of the game not really have much to do at this point in the game I assume .

I really kinda want to understand what is the difference between alpha 1 and alpha 2 and beta 2 access. 

What will earliest beta will offer vs alpha ? Before I drop my cash in . Will the dev share what to expect from it . 

or should I just buy the 150$ version and get access to beta ? 

Comments

• Options
    Well, the alpha 1 test will be very very basic while the beta will be more refined. It depends on your perspective on testing and playing. If you want to play the game, then I would say beta. If you're going to just test the game and help with bug fixes, then alpha 1 is for you. Mind you the beta will have bugs as well, but there will be more features in the game.
  • Options
    To further clarify from what we know. Alpha 1 is now split into two phases. A1P1 will be mainly pvp combat testing. Most likely not all classes available. The servers will be up sporadically and testing "windows" will most likely be in effect. A1P2 will be more combat testing, but more pve and all the classes should be up and available. Lots of up and down time. Alpha 2 will be up as much as possible and will allow access to those that want to login when they feel like it. Most basic systems will be in "infant" form. Beta 1 and 2 get progressively better. Like @nagash said, if you are looking for something to play ala "early access" that has become the norm on Steam or others, probably not going to be happy with an old school testing alpha.
  • Options
    To further clarify from what we know. Alpha 1 is now split into two phases. A1P1 will be mainly pvp combat testing. Most likely not all classes available. The servers will be up sporadically and testing "windows" will most likely be in effect. A1P2 will be more combat testing, but more pve and all the classes should be up and available. Lots of up and down time. Alpha 2 will be up as much as possible and will allow access to those that want to login when they feel like it. Most basic systems will be in "infant" form. Beta 1 and 2 get progressively better. Like @nagash said, if you are looking for something to play ala "early access" that has become the norm on Steam or others, probably not going to be happy with an old school testing alpha.

IF I buy the 150$ version and then after alpha 1 testing in on and it seems like I want to test it will I be able to upgrade my version or do I have to rebuy the 500$ version ? 
  • Options
    You cant upgrade your store purchases unless your a Kickstarter or Summer backer, So you either buy the 500 pack to test the alpha 1 and get all other testing phases with it, or you buy your 150 package and wait till beta. (unless you want to buy the beta now, and then shell out 500 later to test alpha).
  • Options
    @gundel That is a bit misleading and incorrect. You can indeed upgrade your store purchases at a later date. So he can buy the $150 package right now. A1 drops and he decides he wants in. He pays the $350 difference to upgrade his pack. What has he missed out on? All the cosmetics that were available from the higher packs that he was not able to purchase individually during that lead up. While for many this is not a big deal, for some exclusive cosmetics are their thing. The whole cosmetic only shop would not function if people didn't give a shit.
  • Options
    hi
  • Options
    If you are debating spending money to get entertainment out of alpha or beta, you are doing it wrong.

These are both testing phases.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError thanks for the clear up, I was under the impression they weren't able to upgrade thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    Namai said:
    If you are debating spending money to get entertainment out of alpha or beta, you are doing it wrong.

I love betas in MMO this is where as a tester you can give biggest impact . alpha not much but at beta dev really want feedback and doing changes 
  • Options
    Namai said:

I love betas in MMO this is where as a tester you can give biggest impact . alpha not much but at beta dev really want feedback and doing changes 
    well, to be honest, all testing phases are important heck I would say the alpha is the most important as it test if the game even works outside of a controlled environment
  • Options
    So whens BETA?
  • Options
    After ALPHA! 

Seriously, they don't know. It will be scheduled once they get a firmer grasp on systems problems and tweaking from A1P1 in Q4 this year, and A2 beginning next Q1 or Q2. It is like asking when certain people are going to die. Nobody knows, but you can always hope for sooner.
  • Options
    After ALPHA! 

Seriously, they don't know. It will be scheduled once they get a firmer grasp on systems problems and tweaking from A1P1 in Q4 this year, and A2 beginning next Q1 or Q2. It is like asking when certain people are going to die. Nobody knows, but you can always hope for sooner.
    Grim but true. No point in rushing it, so many projects got destroyed by rushing.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    The first phases of alpha 1 will be earliest renditions of testing gameplay, the further along the closer to a finished product we will be. Beta 1/2 will be testing of the (near) finished product to work out the final kinks before launch.
  • Options

Thank you sir now I think I can make my decision easily with the upgrade . 
  • Options
    You should be aware that Alphas are a TEST. 

Not your own oerspers paytime that you're entitled to because you paid something.

Think of it as an unpaid internship. It costs you money but you're really don't it for the expirence. 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    You should be aware that Alphas are a TEST. 

Not your own oerspers paytime that you're entitled to because you paid something.

Think of it as an unpaid internship. It costs you money but you're really don't it for the expirence. 
     An internship is a good analogy. 
     I want to also say that handing money over for testing and the time and effort you put into  testing is an Investment in what we all hope to be a great game.

• Options
    Was there any info provided about how many classes will be testable from A1P1 to A1P2? Just wondering since you said/think ALL will be available, which seems quite alot to accomplish in the alpha stages, but would be amazing if true.
  • Options
    @NTBRO
    I believe they stated, the 4 classes Mage,Ranger,Tank,Cleric will be for Alpha 1 phase 1. I think we wont be seeing the other classes till A2, if we go off of Pax East info.
  • Options
    My memory works best with visual tags, but I am pretty certain my info on the other 4 classes came from the BCG podcast. The question was when will we see the other 4 classes for testing. And after a winding thing about how Akil is working on the abilities it was stated that they would make an appearance "before Alpha1 Phase 2." Someone else can do the deep dive to find the specific timestamp and all that, but if you haven't listened to that one its a good one to throw on the speakers while you do other stuff.
  • Options
    @gundel & @UnknownSystemError

Soooo ... I'm glad both of you mentioned when the other 4 classes was going to be showcased - because thats the only thing thats preventing me from upgrading to Braver of Worlds.

@UnknownSystemError
    Can you send me a link for the BCG PodCast ? Is there a website i can look for it on ?
  • Options
    The alpha will be focus on certain aspects of the game. I think the first alpha will test the server load of sieges and monster hunting I believe.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    I don't think it was answered  :'(