Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Buy or not?

Hi guys,

I'm a casual player that doesn't play this type of games for the past 5 years... I used to play Asheron's Call (1999 I believe), Darkfall, Starwars Galaxies, and others, and I'm currently thinking about trying Ashes of Creation... BUT, when I go to youtube and search for gameplay, can't seem to find recent videos.

Is the game playable at this moment? If I buy the 75$ pack will I be able to play it today?
If you are already playing, can you tell me if it is a game for a casual player (like 1 hour a day)?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    No, you will not be able to play it today. The game is in a pre-alpha state and won't be released to the general population for at least another year and half. The packages give access to testing stages. The first one that can be purchased will be accessed in early Q4 this year. (Oct). That will be an occasional server up pvp arena and siege combat testing phase. Further testing phases will occur all through 2019. If you are on the fence, your best bet is to wait until launch and then pay for your sub with everyone else. There is no advantage to playing during testing. Everything and all character progress will be wiped before live launch on the testing servers. And the testing servers will not be live servers. So other games that have sold packages that allow people to gain exp and loot before "official" release is not happening here.

There is no box cost for the game, you pay the $15 sub, thats it.

• No, you will not be able to play it today.

Thank you! When then? 
  • Just give me your money and I'll decide to buy or not for you. Save you the trouble.
  • If you pay$75 there is a 'chance' you will get to test the game before mid 2019. Take it from me and just wait till the game comes out and spend $15.
  • Just wait until launch in a year and half. Watch vids of gameplay then as everything right now is very unpolished and unfinished. As a casual player you'd likely have a bad taste in your mouth trying to test a game that bugs out.
  • Patience is your friend.   It's basically in pre-testing stages and has a long way of development and testing to go.  We're all hoping that Ashes will be the game to break the streak of poor games we have had over the years.   
  • There should be gameplay available on youtube and various twitch videos.

Takes those with a grain of salt, as those are pre-alpha stages and obviously not finished.
  • Hi guys,

I'm a casual player that doesn't play this type of games for the past 5 years... I used to play Asheron's Call (1999 I believe), Darkfall, Starwars Galaxies, and others, and I'm currently thinking about trying Ashes of Creation... BUT, when I go to youtube and search for gameplay, can't seem to find recent videos.

Is the game playable at this moment? If I buy the 75$ pack will I be able to play it today?
    If you are already playing, can you tell me if it is a game for a casual player (like 1 hour a day)?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Asherons call you say?? Two questions and the answers will determine our friendship....

1. Darktide? Yes or no?

2. Blood? Yes or no?
  • Welcome to the community.  Hope you decide to stick around.  
  • let us know what you decide. All curious! and welcome to the community!
  • I heard they've sold out.  No more copies.