Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetics Bought and/or Earned

With several cosmetic items being up for sale, it raised a question for me.  Do we know yet if all cosmetic items will be for sale?  Or will there be a mix of items for sale and items that can be earned in-game?  

Comments

• Options
    will be a mix, they have stated things might have a recolor affect of cash shop items, but not the items that are exclusive, at least as far as my knowledge.

so yes cash shop cosmetics,
    but also cosmetics earned in game through,quests,achievements and so on.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Steven actually said in the stream yesterday that cosmetics will be equally shared between paid and earned in game.

The paid-for cosmetics won't have a monopoly on the "cool" looks.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Steven actually said in the stream yesterday that cosmetics will be equally shared between paid and earned in game.

The paid-for cosmetics won't have a monopoly on the "cool" looks.
    look at the necro pack and tell me that's not the best pack in any game ever. I may be biased but I stand by it 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    look at the necro pack and tell me that's not the best pack in any game ever. I may be biased but I stand by it 
    I know better than to disagree. Last time I did that you ate my kitten.

• Options
    Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    I know better than to disagree. Last time I did that you ate my kitten.

They are my cats now 

• Options
    Hasmonean said:

With several cosmetic items being up for sale, it raised a question for me.  Do we know yet if all cosmetic items will be for sale?  Or will there be a mix of items for sale and items that can be earned in-game?  

the cosmetics that are listed right now are only available for the month they are listed after that they will never be available again, now as for items that come out during live its hard to say how much will be purchasable vs earned but from my understanding there will be many purchasable ones but there will be many more that are only available by earning in game.

The devs had also said during a livestream they do not want the purchased cosmetic costumes to out shine obtainable in game gear but not make it not worth a cool look, there will be a happy balance.  though expect the best looking gear to only be obtained via completing the most difficult content.
  • Options
    xschlemmx said:
    Hasmonean said:

the cosmetics that are listed right now are only available for the month they are listed after that they will never be available again, now as for items that come out during live its hard to say how much will be purchasable vs earned but from my understanding there will be many purchasable ones but there will be many more that are only available by earning in game.

The devs had also said during a livestream they do not want the purchased cosmetic costumes to out shine obtainable in game gear but not make it not worth a cool look, there will be a happy balance.  though expect the best looking gear to only be obtained via completing the most difficult content.
    I'm glad i can show my accomplishment through my gear rather than my wallet! Good job Intrepid!