Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why this Pricing?

Hi. My Name is Dennie ... The game makes me want more and play it. But why must it be so extremely expensive if I want to play the alpha :-(

Comments

• Options
    the game is only going to cost 0 for the game itself, just subscription. which is 15 / month. Doesn't look expensive to me. But I'm sure you can find games out there that are more in your budget possibilities.
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    the game is only going to cost 0 for the game itself, just subscription. which is 15 / month. Doesn't look expensive to me. But I'm sure you can find games out there that are more in your budget possibilities.
    When the game appears then one has the monthly cost. I just find it expensive to look at the Alpha. I mean, it's an unfinished version with bugs etc. and for that an amount of at least 75 Euro is required. That's very sad.

• Options
    Then don't buy it.
  • Options
    Decade said:
    Santy182 said:
    When the game appears then one has the monthly cost. I just find it expensive to look at the Alpha. I mean, it's an unfinished version with bugs etc. and for that an amount of at least 75 Euro is required. That's very sad.

Well first of welcome to ashes ^^

As for the price you are not just paying for a alpha you are also paying for other items 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, the packages contain more than just the alpha access so the prices end up being high, you wont loose anything by not participating in the alpha anyway.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018

did you win an alpha key or did you bought the big package?
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, the packages contain more than just the alpha access so the prices end up being high, you wont loose anything by not participating in the alpha anyway.
    I know, but I can't wait that many months for the game to release. So I must spend at least 250 :-(
    Always these luxury problems ^^
  • Options
    Yeah, the game is one of the cheapest p2p games. However if you are wanting to get an alpha package, that is either something you have to buy into by buying a pack with it or winning it. Alpha isn't the game it is just a bug-ridden glimpse of it. So if you want to dish out 250 for a really awesome bundle (with alpha access) for an incomplete game, you can, or you can wait/win.
  • Options
    Decade said:

did you win an alpha key or did you bought the big package?
    I won the alpha 0 key but I'm a leader of men backer ($1000) pack 
  • Options
    Just my honest personal opinion, alpha is not even worth it.

You will test an unfinished product and you will only be able to test it at set times IS will decide for you.

Instead of getting paid to do this, you have to pay to do it. 

Just wait until we get closer to Alpha 2, stay active on the forum and hope to win a alpha 2 key when the time comes.
  • Options
    Decade said:
    I know, but I can't wait that many months for the game to release. So I must spend at least 250 :-(
    Always these luxury problems ^^
    Alpha is not "playing" the game.

In Alpha 1, from what the developers have said, they will simply load up a specific portion of the game and ask people to test that one portion.

The other thing with alpha testing, it will likely be sporadic. There may be a test one week, and nothing for the next three.

Basically, if you want to play Ashes, you have no option other than to wait.
  • Options
    Supply and Demand.