Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shell of the Ancients (Mount) = Cosmic Turtle

I just realized something about the Cosmic Turtle. Is it amphibious? Is it a land mount? Sea mount? Both? I already have a sea turtle from the Kickstarter so is this land only then?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I wondered if it was a group mount. we have not really heard much of group mounts since the kicker starter goal was passed
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I wondered if it was a group mount. we have not really heard much of group mounts since the kicker starter goal was passed
    It only shows one saddle, so I'd say it isn't for a group, though my guess could be wrong.
  • Options
    That's clearly a tortoise.
    And they said the shell turns in to the "cosmic" appearance when it moves.
  • Options
    Not all turtles are amphibious, and most are land creatures. Some live in the desert. 

This just looks like a one person mount to me.
  • Options
    Still I wonder if we will see some group mounts soon. All we've had so far is the silhouettes
  • Options
    Would be the ultimate troll if giant tortoises in game move realllllly slow. You can make them mounts but they move at 10% of what say horses do. So basically would be the mount you pull out in town to show your shiny. Or the mentioned afk travel between nodes is via tortoise. A 10 minute overland by regular mount takes one hour via tortoise express.
  • Options
    Lol! Afk travel. :D The Vek observatory is freaking me out too. It's an occupation building but the description says star maps, numerology, and prophesy.  Star maps? Can we travel through space? Or are the maps used for sailing to find islands and stuff? What the heck is numerology? Will some stuff be encrypted? How are these things going to be an occupation?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    All good questions. I hope we will get answers to all of that over the next year. I was disappointed in the node to node afk travel possible once certain connecting structure a la stables are built. Depends on if it is safe from interruption as afk travel or can be hijacked for pvp. Seems strange that we have to defend caravans from roaming bands of whatever trying to take our stuff, but we can just hop in a carriage and go to sleep and wake up at the next node. If they do put it in place I will just load up my characters with trade goods, put them on the shuttle to next sale point and afk play the day away.

@sunfrog Oh, and I bought both of them. Turtle and Observatory.
  • Options
    Cosmic turtles laugh at the idea of being a land or sea mount.. They are cosmic.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely a tortoise and not a turtle. My money is on a land mount.