Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Creating character details from plants/etc

Okay, just to clarify, this is nothing about crafting stats equipment, sorry for a misleading title.
But how fun wouldn't be if we could craft for example, flower crowns from flowers, or rings from pearls you found in the lake? Not any stats items, just for decorations. And if you used different flowers you got different flower crowns. Also if it was an enchanted flower that glowed it would glow on the flower crown too, things like that.
It would also be nice if some of these flowers where actually hidden mobs that would start attacking you at some random time, and the only way to make it stop is to throw off the item or have your friend hit you in the head. (Who doesn't wanna hit their friend for the case of a good thing?) It would also be nice if it wasn't just for character equipment; a bouquet of wild flowers in your house wouldn't be terrible either, or a Christmas decoration on the door?
It would also be cute if you could make pets or mounts wearing anything like this too.
I used flowers as an example, but really anything from the nature would be a fun thing to use.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    I think this is a delightful idea.  I have heard that crafting in this game will allow a lot of diversity.  Let's put the question to the devs for the next Web Cast on Twitch after the 4th of July holiday. I really like to explore the land and craft unique items.  Something like this may already be in the works! 
  • It seems to me you have covered harvesting, jewelry craft, carpentry (in that they make items for a house), tailoring/armorer, and holiday events.  I would expect in one form or another that you will be able to do/make/find these items.
  • Sounds good though I expect news about stuff like this will come quite late :3
  • Such a pure idea and no trace of hatred 

Thank you ^^

• I like this kind of thing as a purely cosmetic option.

EQ2 had similar items, though they weren't player made.

I like the idea of hidden parts of the world having unique flowers or some such, where if you are able to make it to the very top of a particular mountain you will be able to find a unique flower to make a crown from - and wearing that crown signifies to others that you were able to make it to the top of said mountain.
  • Nice idea!