Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP and PvE armor

Did the devs talk about having separate armor for pvp and pve because I find that ridiculous and annoying.  I understand why wow did it back in the day but since, every mmo has copied that system.  Why the hell do i need to get a separate set of armor to pvp.  Couldn't this be fixed with a gem slot just for pvp that vendors sell with a pvp stats?  Also please don't have a billion different currencies for different armor and weapons like guild wars 2 does.  I went back to gw2 after a few years and everything has a different currency and as a semi new player I don't know what the hell is what.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    It has been confirmed multiple times that there is no separate pvp vs pve armor.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    There is a search function @mushin where you can type in a general idea of what you want to find and you will be directed to something that most closely resembles what you are trying to find.

that search function is a the top of the screen within each section of the forums.
  • Options
    So happy that this game will go with "one" set of armor and not separate the two.
  • Options
    You will still have several armor sets. At least thats what i think. one with pvp stats one for sieges and so on.
  • Options
    While people are sure to have a preference which stat they are stacking, you will not have a separate pvp stat, for example, resilience that its only function is for mitigating pvp damage. Some stats are bound to be better for other things, so you will need to have a few different sets depending on your activities. But since we know that equipment and loot has weight, doubt you will be carrying around all your various sets, unless of course you don't care about picking up stuff, or they make the weight restrictions laughable as to be ineffective. So you will most likely have the set for that days planned activities, and possibly one other. Wait and see till we know more of course.

• Options
    That's one thing I love, no PvP vs. PvE armor nonsense.  I was never a fan of that dynamic and i'm glad this MMO is not headed that way.
  • Options
    We might still have de facto PvP gear v PvE gear.
    Depends on how differently player combat tactics are from mob combat tactics.
  • Options
    usually unlikely I have come from games, where they have done away with pvp gear, and just high dungeon and raid gear were considered best in slot for pve and pvp and thats what we used. I can see what your saying though. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I hate having to carry an extra set of Armor. Once you're engaged in a PvE boss ... here comes a Player that ambushes you.
    • Even if you defeat the NPC opponent(s) ... the attacking-PvP-Player still has on his/her PvP Gear, while you have on you PvE Gear.
    • So everything you do will be meaningless since you can't change Armor. 
    • Even if you could changed armor ... even if you had Finished-off the PvE NPC opponent before the PvP-Engagemen began ... do you really think the PvPer will give you that chance to change armor ? Nope
    It doesn't work, it never did work - Just a loop-hole that'll inevitable be one of the worse things about the Game if its implemented.

So as long as there's at least 110+ different armors that can be mix-matched then that'll be awesome
    • Even so i do not want Gear to be the sole-deciding-factor in an PvE-Engagement nor a PvP-Engagment either - other " variables " should be taken into consideration for a more balanced Gameplay feel imo
  • Options
    Augments will be at least as important as gear. If not more so.
    We will want gear that complements our augments.
  • Options
    One set to rule them all.
  • Options
    Considering the number of different ways a character can be developed,  armor mods and enhancements  should be more in tune with your personal play style or path you take.  Characterization is going to be more individualized and no "set" piece of armor should be just right for anyone.  
  • Options
    Considering the number of different ways a character can be developed,  armor mods and enhancements  should be more in tune with your personal play style or path you take.  Characterization is going to be more individualized and no "set" piece of armor should be just right for anyone.  
    i was actually thinking something beyond that even  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    little did you know I have named every one of my bones with old English names like Alfred and Montgomery